What do I need for SBS 2011 with Exchange 2010

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ptscon, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptscon

ptscon Registered Member

I'm trying to figure out what I need to protect a Small Business Server 2011 files along with Exchange 2010 email that is running on this server.

How does the licensing work for the mail boxes on Exchange?

Is "Small Business Bundle" whats needed here?

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

The Small Business Bundle could possibly work if you're managing less than 15 users. The ESET Small Business Bundle includes both ESET NOD32 Business Edition and ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server.

If you need more than 15 seats, you will have to contact ESET Sales for additional options.

There is separate licensing for ESET Mail Security and NOD32 Antivirus. As far as licensing an exchange server, you can visit this link to find help calculate how many seats you need.

Hope that helps. ;)

Thanks,

Matt

3. ptscon

ptscon Registered Member

Thanks for the response.

I'm a bit lost with these products, are they all different software packages or just licensing addons?

If I want to protect the local file system and the mail going through a Exchange server do I need to install both AntiVirus Business Edition and Mail Server Security for Exchange ..or is it the same software with license activations?

Wish I could simply grab a trial of these to see if its what we want, but ESET makes you go through some hoops with business products.

4. ptscon

ptscon Registered Member

There doesn't seem to be a way to purchase a single Business license, we already have protection on work stations ..looking only to protect this server and mail going through it.

5. WRC

WRC Registered Member

i hop so

6. loizeaux

loizeaux Registered Member

I have the same question concerning the use of ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server in SBS 2011. Right now we have the 32 bit version in our SBS 2003 Exchange server, but soon will transition (clean install, less than 15 clients) to the new Small Business Server 2011 Standard (it is 63 bit).

1. Does ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server work with SBS 2011 at this time?

2. If so, what is the version I should download?

3. I am assuming that my license key for the 32 bit version will also work for the remaining license term with the SBS 2011 Exchange product (the SBS 2003 version will be decommissioned)--please let me know if my assumption is correct.

Thanks.

7. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi loizeaux,

1. Yes, we have tested ESET Mail Security 4 on the SBS 2011 and it runs smoothly.

2. Current version is 4.2.10020.0, but I'd recommend to wait until version 4.3 is out (it should be released very soon).

3. Yes, your license is also valid for version 4.3 of the software.

Thank you.

8. loizeaux

loizeaux Registered Member

Thanks so much. I will be looking for 4.3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.