What do I do now?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Enigma101, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enigma101

Enigma101 Registered Member

I successfully loaded the program and cloned a copy of my C drive to a 2nd HD I had in the computer, which I then took out and put in a safe place, in case....

Next I put in a new 2nd HD and tried to put an image on it. I did something wrong. Now when I boot up I get a message, "Acronis Loader Fatal Error; boot drive (patition) not found." A click on "Enter" gets the computer to boot. In the new 2nd HD I see a parition.

Should I just uninstall the program, re-install it and start all over again?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Did you boot the clone to make sure it works? If it does, then you can clone it back to the first hard drive. But before you try to clone back to the original drive, if that first clone works, you should create the bootable Rescue CD from it first and do all your Backups, Cloning, Recovery with it instead of from within Windows.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Enigma101,

Sounds as if you may have created an Acronis Secure Zone on the original 2nd HD at some time and activated the associated Startup Recovery Manager. This would have modified the Master Boot Record (MBR) on your main system drive, which now needs to be returned to standard via either of the following:

- Download and run the <mbrautowrite_en.exe> file to create a bootable MBR repair floppy as detailed in the Acronis Support sticky thread titled <Please Read Before You Post>.

- Boot from a Windows XP installation CD, enter the Recovery Console and issue the command fixmbr as detailed in this <Microsoft Support article>

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.