What computer manufactures don't have updates for their own computers?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

My neighbor has a laptop and hers has some manufacturer software update feature and she finds it annoying. She has an HP family computer and that does does not have manufacturer updates. But her laptop does. She is looking for a Japanese manufacturer such as Sony. What brands do not have updates for their own computers?

2. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

I know Toshiba does.

Oh you want it without. Just uninstall the programs or the the decrapifier

http://pcdecrapifier.com/

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

What's your experience (good/Bad) with that program?

4. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Does Sony have any manufacture updates? Also which is better Sony or Toshiba?

6. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Neither,get a PC custom built to your budget and hardware. Most places that have these services also can install what software you want,not like the pre-installed garbage you have to get rid of when you purchase a over-the-counter PC.

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

As other posters have said, the best option is to use 3rd party software or even Add/Remove programs to remove anything you don't want.

It is pretty common these days for manufactures to include update software, but they can easily be removed so in my opinion it is no big deal (and in some cases personally, I think the software is quite useful).

Rather than worrying about software like this which can be removed, I'd be much more concerned about the brand quality - a good laptop should last for years - mine has withstood 5 years of daily use.

To cheater, Toshiba is better than Sony, however ASUS is of better quality than either of those brands.

8. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I have a Sony. It came with Sony update.

It also has Windows Update fetch graphics drivers from them, but they never update theirs, so it would have be at 10.2 when we're at 12.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.