what Chromium fork/chrome based web browser do you use?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, Jan 2, 2018.

1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    i don't know if Chromium fork is a right term (for example vivaldi or opera or safari fo they use chrome engine)

i start to use google chrome , now i'm thinking to switch to Iridium (seems lighter faster and more secure)
    i guess i can trust of Iridium

looking for Chromium based web browser i found really many browsers , and i guess i will give to Iridium a shot

may you tell me which browser based on chrome engine do you use and why?

thanks
    happy new year

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I was using Cent Browser as my primary browser until I recently switched to Firefox. I still use Cent sometimes, as I can't get the Page Monitor extension I use, to work in Firefox.

Cent is one of the very few browsers which can be configured to work the way I want it to, without having to install any extensions. I have managed to get the new Firefox configured to work nearly the same. But, I need to use five add-ons to give me the same functionality that I have as standard with Cent.

I've always used browsers which offered pretty much every feature I needed a standard and only switched to Firefox because on my system it runs noticeably faster than Cent and other Chromium based browsers.

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I used Maxthon as my default on Windows for many years, I still don't believe the recent FUD about it. It was originally WebKit based. I switched to Maxthon initially to replace Opera (Presto).

Maxthon was the only browser with all the inbuilt functions and customisation I needed to replace Opera, and Maxthon is blisteringly fast.

Recent releases have been a tad buggy though and I now have Vivaldi as my default in Windows as it is less buggy and has the functionality and customisation I require.

4. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

My favourite browser is Slimjet - very fast, quite customisable and has it's own built in Adblocker.

5. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

I'm using Chrome but I've had some serious thoughts about switching to Brave.

Sleipnir was nice last I used it.

6. guest

guest Guest

I'm using Brave, aside the lack of extensions, it is quite neat. a keeper for me.

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Vivaldi!

8. liba

liba Registered Member

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.