What can u say bout JkDefrag...???

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by sweater, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am just wonderin if anyone of u here have already used for a longtime JkDefrag defragmenter found here:

http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/index.html

I am curious if other defragmenters out there can also do and does what JkDefrag promise to do. Please tell me ur techno mind what it meant by this items with an arrow....coz I could not really figure out if other defrag programs also does this jobs. :cautious:

Attached Files:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

blue arrow: sometimes theres normal files within teh MFT. jkdefrag can move them out so the MFT has more free space.

red arrow: jkdefrag moves directories to the beginning (fastest part?) of teh disk

i cant answer for the yellow arrow as i dont know what "scratch area" is.

3. sweater

Have u already used this program in ur pco_O? :eek: :D

What differences did u felt, using this and using others....? :shifty: :rolleyes:

Are those things i indicated in the arrows also "available" with other deffragers? :blink:

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

no i havent used it, i simply read the info on the site.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I use it at the Office because is the best free available defragger...
    Very easy to use and also have some flexibility...

The author also listen our suggestions by email or forum, so in the future this freebie will be even better... :)

6. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I use jkDefrag too, it doesn't need to be installed, no service running.
    There is a command line tool (JkDefragCmd.exe), you should try it with the following options:
    There is also a screensaver, it defrags when you are away from the computer.

Why not give it a try?

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Does looked for a screenshot of the SS but could not find one. Would anyone have one?
    Thanks

8. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

It looks the same as this, but without window borders and info bar:

http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/Snapshot.gif

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

10. sweater

The JkDefrag...is great!!!

I have tried and used the JkDefrag defragmenter on my pc and it's cool. My pc drives now runs faster and faster than before. I think this is more advanced compared to other defragmenters out there. The default optimize functions is really fast. It looks like a more better options from PowerDefrag GUI w contig.exe and Dirms. ;)

It's freeware open source, and possibly could be the Firefox browser on the defragmenter world. It's small size..only..631kb and no installation and set ups. Try it coz its really cool.. :cool:

Anyone out there using this defragmenter for a longtime? Coz I just use this for nearly a month now and I was happy with it.

http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/index.html

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Re: The JkDefrag...is great!!!

I'm impressed. Thanks. Just used it in safe mode. Quite a difference. I'll be trying further.

12. sweater

Re: The JkDefrag...is great!!!

Just a suggestions...use first the fast optimization (default) several times for all ur drives before using full optimization. In that way, ur HD is now more "arranged" and organized than before....so that the full optimize run will not be as slow as it should be. Coz if you use the full optimize immediately it will take much time longer coz it has to "arranged" first the fragmentations. ;) :cool:

There's no need for GUI, but if you dare to use it coz you just want to defrag one drive and u don't like using the command line then there's a GUI in that site...as it looks simple as it is...easy to use. ;) :D

Remember, this is an open source software. If you have something to contribute to further improve this defragger program then share your talent. Probably, this could be improved like Firefox browser...that has many optional extensions...features...etc....

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.