What can I test with 15 day TI trial?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ClickCardo, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClickCardo

ClickCardo Registered Member

Specifically I want to know if I can test the following things with the TI 10.0 15-day trial version.

1. Make a complete disk image backup of my Primary OS hard drive to a 2nd drive.
    2. Make a TI recovery boot CD/DVD.
    3. Boot from the CD/DVD and restore the image from the 2nd drive back to the original primary drive.

If I cannot be sure I can do that on my own pc TI is worthless to me.
    PS: I was burned by Norton Ghost this way so I must make sure before I spend any money.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

As far as I know you can do all three. The Recovery CD made with the trial will not create a backup, but it will restore one that has been made by the trial program installed under Windows. (If it could create a backup, you wouldn't have to buy the program.)

3. ClickCardo

ClickCardo Registered Member

That's all I need to know before going through the trial effort of doing my 3 tests. If it works like the vendor claims they'll have another buyer.

Thanks
    CC

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ClickCardo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

The trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home provides full functionality in Windows environment for the trial duration. The bootable version will be limited to restore function only.

If you would like to order your software before the trial period ends, please visit the Acronis online store .

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

ClickCardo,

May I suggest 2 things to do as part of your tests:

1. Do not restore your backup image to the original hard disk. Take out the original HD and put an unused, 3rd HD, into its place. Restore to this unused HD. Note that if you were to restore to the original HD, ATI would wipe out the primary OS on your original HD before doing the restore. If the restore does not work out, you'd be left with nothing. On a spare HD, there's really nothing to lose. HDs are cheap (and cheap compared to the alternative).

2. Do a verify of the image after booting with the ATI recovery CD, before doing the restore.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.