What Can I Do Now

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

My wife loves to play Yahoo spades. She had a problem. For some reason things would lock up or throw her out of the game. She would loose 50 points each time. She didn't like that. I tried every thing,even created a First Defense snap shot, removed all the security to see if that helped. No good. So I got rid of that snap and bypassed my router. She played with no problems. She was happy. And when she is happy I can be happy. I would like to have my router,so how do I fix this. I have a D-Link WBR 1310. I have a lot of security but I like my router.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yahoo Games appear to be mostly Java Applets which do their communications on a special port which can easily be blocked by a firewall (router with firewalling ability, in your case). From their site, it appears you must open a port in your router configuration...

http://help.yahoo.com/help/ca/games/games-05.html

Look in your router's port forwarding configuration page. (Some routers have "game" configuration pages that handle port forwarding.) It may be that some of the communications coming back from their games is being dropped as unsolicited inbound traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.