What Blocklists do you use?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Socio, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socio

Socio Registered Member

I just recently started using the Blocklist Manager software and its sources from bluetack which is great piece of software by the way.

Since I am fairly new and using blocklists I was wondering if there are other lists available that I should be using in conjunction with Blocklists Managers sources.

If so what do you other users here use?

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Blocklist managers sources are allready pretty wealthy. If you select all sources, download all the bad IP's and try and import them into PeerGuardian, it is likely to get very confused, I tried it once and PeerGuardian just crashed. That was trying to import a blocklist which was around 5 MB in size. owever, PeerGuardian 2 Beta has just been released which may be more stable, also Protowall may work well with large blocklists. Firewalls tend to be ok with importing large IP block lists.

Jimbob

3. Socio

Socio Registered Member

4. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

What exactly do these pieces of software do? DO they fuction like SpywareBlaster (javacools)?

5. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

The ones from the Methlabs are in zip folders. Unzip them BEFORE you import them into BLM. BTW the only useful list from the Methlabs is the government list. All the others are outdated lists taken from Bluetack itself. When Bluetack merged their government blocklist into the anti-p2p list they lost a seperate gov. list. You know what I mean? In addition, you can only get the blocklists from Peerguardian 1.x the ones for Peerguardian 2 are EXCLUSIVE to that program. At least for now.

6. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Thanks for the tip,

I was trying to use the Peerguardian 2 lists, I will grab the Peerguardian 1 gov list and add that to my mix.

7. Socio

Socio Registered Member

They are IP blockers and you can use lists of known bad IP's and block them from your system, helps keep out spyware, ad-ware, and other nasty filth.

8. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I am using all blocks lists except the ones from microsoft.

If I find something blocked (like google and yahoo:)) I except it in my blockpost .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.