What are the top 2012 paid ranking for firewalls, and AV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by php111, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. php111

php111 Registered Member

Does anyone know the top ranking for firewalls, and AV with less false positives that would be paid?

I wanted to go with Norton IS, and Norton AV, but on the Norton forums they kept telling me to get a 3 year subscription after numerous times that I specified that I only wanted it for one PC, and only one. I'm sorry, but they are not getting me to go with 3 PC's. I'm going away to visit my Uncle in two months, and he said I could pay him, and he would put it on his credit card. I told Norton over, and over again that he is not interest. What part don't they understand. My Uncle is doing me a favor after I pay him.

Does Norton want money out of this? Is that why they keep saying 3?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Norton is a fine choice. You can buy a single licence in a lot of places, so ignore the Norton forum on this issue since a multiple PC licence is not your desire. There are a lot of Norton users here who can suggest on line and brick and mortar stores depending on your location. Someone will probably be along with suggestions soon. In the meantime try using the search function here.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

4. php111

php111 Registered Member

How good is BitDefender as AV, Comodo (free) for firewall, but disable the Comodo AV? Or would that be at risk of running a combination of things? I don't want to run a combination because it wouldn't be safe.

5. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

You can install just the firewall module of Comodo and run it with pretty much any stand-alone AV, including BitDefender. The potential issue wouldn't be safety, but rather slowdowns and hangs. No one can say how a combination of security software will behave on your particular system, though, so the only way to know is to give it a try. If you regularly try new software combinations, creating an image of your system first is a good idea, so you can restore it in case of issues.

6. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

Even though I don't use it I'm going to suggest to check out F-Secure.

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I will second F-Secure and 2012 to be released soon.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.