What are the recommended actions (default value)?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by seamaiden, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamaiden

seamaiden Registered Member

Before I choose "recommended actions (default value)" I want to know what those actions are. What does Ewido automatically do in each case (by default)?

I want Ewido to automatically quarantine everything it finds, as I have set NOD32 to do. I do not want Ewido to automatically delete ANYTHING until I've reviewed the "threat(s)" first. That way, Ewido won't delete something that I need.

Ewido 4.0 does have more options than 3.5, and there's a learning curve.

On the downside, Ewido 4.0 uses a lot more resources than its predecessors. I have to run scans when I'm not doing anything else because it slows my system down so much that I can't work: Firefox, Word, Acrobat, other real-time programs, etc.

Attached Files:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It depends on which of the approx. 367,000 items it found. Trojans would be treated differently than toolbars for example. To my knowldege there is no one Grisoft\ewido web page one could go to in order to see all threat details and what the recommended course of action would be.

Then go to your Scanner Settings and click on Recommended actions and select Quarantine :doubt:

HTH,
    Bubba

3. seamaiden

seamaiden Registered Member

The only reason I asked is because I'm afraid the recommended actions (default value) for some items will be to delete them, and if they're not quarantined before being deleted, there would be no way to restore them.

There should be a checkbox option in Ewido 4 to quarantine everything BEFORE deleting anything. That way, anything Ewido deletes can easily be restored. Users can go into the Quarantine folder, manually restore the things they want and manually delete the bad stuff they don't need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.