what are the options for backing up my HD?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i think i'm going to get some backup software so the next time i do a reinstall i can make an image so if i need to i can use that instead of doing another reinstall.

i'm going to get a new DVD rewriter in the next few days so i know there are afew programs that i can backup with using a DVD. how many DVDs would i need to image my HD? i think i have a 50GB HD

also, can you tell me of any good external HD backup options? and are there any other ways to do it? do they use the USB port?

i'm going away for a couple of days, so if anyone replies i will see it. :) thanks.

2. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

You can get portable HD's which plug simply into the USB port.

It would be better to do a reinstall. Making an image of the system can not be such a good idea, virus files, corrupt files etc can always appear on the image for when you load it again.

Back up all the setup files for programs you have downloaded etc onto CD/DVD/Portable Hard Drive etc..and install them fom there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.