What are some good free VPNs?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by DesuMaiden, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I found hotspot shield works quite well even as a free VPN service. I might upgrade to the paid service once I get enough money. It allows me to stream youtube videos on google chrome (but strangely not Mozilla Fire Fox). What do you guys think about my observation? Are there any other good free VPNs?

2. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

-vpngate.net-

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

For many of us here the term GOOD is elusive to definition. Regardless of speed and other benchmarks, the TRUST issue is tough to get around on a FREE service.

You know the adage about if its too good to be true ---- o_O??

Bandwidth is very expensive and a thousand users pounding away on a server can eat up a bunch of it. Who really is going to give that away on a consistent basis for nothing in return? Its a fair question and one worth giving some consideration to. My .02

4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Is it free?

5. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

Yes, you just need to install the software. But, each VPN has different logging policies, and some, well, most, that log, don't go in depth as to what they log. Depending on what your doing, for the amount of free VPN's you have access to, it's nice to have.

In terms of companies that do free vpn, only two I know of that are good, is tunnelbear, and Cyberghost. Look at their websites to pick which is best for you.

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Have a look at VPNBook. It's free, doesn't require registration, supports PPTP and OpenVPN, and there are no limits on speed or bandwith. The OpenVPN client linked to on the VPNBook website is an old version so it's better to get the latest version from the Community Downloads section of the OpenVPN website.

VPNBook has two servers optimised for high speed web surfing: one in the UK and the other in the US. There are also two anonymous servers based in Romania that don't do any logging.

7. merisi

merisi Registered Member

I've tried Security Kiss and thought it was ok. I've not tried ProXPN but it might be worth a go.

8. Less

Less Registered Member

9. cet

cet Registered Member

I have been using VPNReactor for some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.