What are all the connections?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by lurningcerv, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurningcerv

lurningcerv Registered Member

When I'm connected to the internet through my wireless router, I'm seeing numerous connections being made. They seem to come in waves and last only seconds and then disappear. This happens when I'm not running any software, at least none that should be active or that I'm using, like a browser or word processor. These connections appear to be from locations in Israel, France, UK, India, Luxembourg (I'm in Cyprus). Some, but not all of them appear to be associated with my ISP.

Does anybody know what these connections are? How can I stop them.

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You can use TCPView to see which processes are making connections. Otherwise, we would need more info to even start helping you (IPs, ports...).

Regards, hqsec

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

4. lurningcerv

I didn't download TCPview yet, but I have a similar product. It is showing a process ID of "0" for these connections. I'm going to see if I can get a log file to post.

5. lurningcerv

Here is something that happened today. When my wireless router was shut down, so there are no active interfaces. Yet I'm still seeing over 60 connections. If anyone has an explanation for this, I would like to hear it.

6. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I would suggest to disable option "Show only connected endpoints" to see if something shows up.

Regards, hqsec

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.