What application to open the ESET, spol. s r.o. installer?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by choirmember, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choirmember

choirmember Registered Member

Just downloaded the eset_nod32_antivirus_live_installer to desktop (XP MCE V.2002, SP3 w/IE:cool: and upon clicking "Open," the "Open With" application list appears.

1) why doesn't it start installing (or at least give me the "Run" button?) as every previous web-downloaded product has done at this point?

or

2) what application must I select from the list to get the installer going?

Would like to get a quick answer since, as you know, I have had to uninstall every flaming anti-virus I had.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

It should run when you double-click on it. I suspect a bad download. Try deleting it and then downloading again.

3. choirmember

Good idea, but results are the same. I deleted the first download, then re-downloaded and double clicked the icon saved to the desktop. In the resulting "Open file" dialog box, I clicked the "Open" button and got the app list again, instead of the install placard with RoboCop on it (according to the install-help video).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you able to run other exe files fine? If so, could you post the SHA1 hash of your file? You can find it out by uploading the exe to VirusTotal here for instance.

5. choirmember

OK, I got it installed. Support had to email me a special download link.

I knew this one was going to be different because this new download had the ESET green eyeball icon on it. The first one just had a generic windows placeholder icon.

Appreciate all the ideas and the help, marcos and dailey. Thanks much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.