What Am I?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by HandsOff, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Sometimes you try to enhance an image and you and you see what the naked I could not see...or is it just image noise?

- If no one knows I may resort to asking the one who origanally posted it here on Wilder's Forum with no explanation.

- HandsOff

Attached Files:

• GA.jpg
      GA.jpg
      File size:
      62 KB
      Views:
  2. HandsOff

Okay, okay

The last post was a result of my misdirected curiosity and my unskilled use of an image viewing tool.

I was curious if Gerard's icon was a profile of someone or something that i should recognize, but when i took a closer look it appeared....cybernetic?!?

or not?

this is the avatar before my adjustments.

...common!...it could be a pentium!

- HandsOff

Attached Files:

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi all,

Guess a while, hehe

Greetings,

Gerard

4. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Perhaps a cheetah, leopard or one of the other big cats in silhouette?

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

6. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

Dangitall & Detox
    I was going to guess those in reverse order. Great minds think alike. How long do ya suppose we'll have to suffer b4 we find out??

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi guys,

I give a karma to dangitall.
    It 's a cheetah.
    Once my favourite cat.
    Greetings,

Gerard

8. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Thanks for the cookie, gerardwil! Mmmmm ... good!

Whenever there's guesswork to be done, just call on me: I'll don my Svengali cap and wizard's robes and throw guesses around with the best of 'em!

9. HandsOff

I have decided I need a more suitable Icon...

[Historical Note: Avatars changed: ]

Attached Files:

10. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

HandsOff, Looking at it as is, looks like a nice path thru some brush. How long do I have to guess? Can tell you right now, I need till about 9 p.m. eastern time tomorrow.

11. HandsOff

I touched it up a tiny bit, and your are correct as far as you go. I am attempting to convey an additional theme as well. Try dimming the lights, adjusting the brightness, contrast, color temperature...concentrate on the central area...concentrate! Surely something else suggests itselfo_O

This may be of interest if you like making avatars. I made it with photoshop 7.01 and when first saved it was 19K - barely small enough to be usable (do to the 20K size limit). After using JPEG Cleaner v2.6 which deletes non image data the size went down to 6K.

Theoretically, I have room to refine my avatar, though in practice there is little point since my refinements usually have the opposite effect!

- HandsOff

12. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

HandsOff

Something in the center IS screaming at me, now that you mention it. But, I can't hear it all the way yet. Right now, it's whispering. I'm going to try to save the image, & bring it up larger, if it's o.k. of course. I promise I won't use it. I just want to see what it is. Is that cheating? I'm not even going to save it yet, unless I get the o.k. I only have Oriens Enhancer right now, for editing.

13. HandsOff

I wouldnt be surprised to hear that it was stuttering at you! If you have devised a way to help you see the image, far be it from me to discourage you. I find squinting helps. Is oriens good? You were sort of close there for a while i thought. do not go in the direction of say...philys dillar an a bad hair day...

- ?

14. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

OMG, Phyllis Dillar, I would never! Let me try squinting, but now I will save & see. get back to ya. Looks like a big cat, but hold on.
    I like Oriens because it does allow you to do alot, plus it's free. Here's the link, if you want to check it out.
    http://www.oriens-solution.com/

15. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

It wouldn't happen to be one of these would it?

http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo.htm

I'm normally quite good at these but if there is a hidden image in yours I can't get it to come out.

Acadia

16. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

Acadia

After bypassing 20 cookies, I finally got there. Nice site! I like it. I love optical illusions. Especially the 5-D ones. Maybe that's why I can't get HandsOff yet. I'm gonna try a few things, & see.

This just looks like a big cat, HandsOff

17. HandsOff

"...I saw a lion he was standing alone, a tadpole in a jar..."

Led Zeppelin

Attached Files:

18. HandsOff

Okay, the explanation (excuse?) for my "King of the Jungle" avatar, rumored to be retiring soon...

I followed the link the the sphynx. then I thought maybe with a little change here and there i could make a serviceble avatar. I looked for the bits that were left to recreate as much of the sequence as I could. Basically, I gave up, when on the second to last I saw the Lion, "a big cat" staring at me. I thought this was an oman. I thought this must be my icon. I change the colors a bit and was satisfied beyond all doubt that a lion had miraculously appeared. Then i posted it and...nobody recognized it. So I show it to my sister. she sees a formless shape. Thats when i begin to suspect I am delusional. Lions do not appear out of nowhere as omans! What was I thinking?!? Well here is the avatarography from what i could find not already deleted. Sorry to make you think there was something more there...honestly, i thought people could see it!

- HandsOff

[...my niece says its looks like a crab...does too!]

Attached Files:

19. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

HandsOff

You're not delusional. I'am, really. I was seeing one of the big cats because I have 2 cats, plus I'm a Leo. But I've always been fascinated with Egypt, so I should have seen the sphynx. I like the 2 pics in the middle. :) I like the av you have though. It's mind boggling. Yes, in a good way. You see this nice path, & you just want to walk down it to get to the woods. But you don't see the dangers involved with the naked eye. Very Sci/Fan. I know it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but at least you know someone does like it. :cool:

20. HandsOff

No, no, I said it wrong. I am glad you saw it...but you were the only one i know besides me that did, and I am a Leo too.

Just in case, though...What do you see, if anything this time:

Attached Files:

21. DMo224

DMo224 Registered Member

First thought was a tiger.

Then I noticed that I look like that in the mirror in the early morning. ;)

22. HandsOff

I should look so good...

Well, I think maybe I am seeing perfectly well after all. I call that one "The Maneater!"

Now I am going to change my Avatar, but just in case anyone else reads this and is confused here is my avatar that i was talking about, and the one I am changing to. It is pretty abstract...i do sort of think of it as looking like a hypothetical something....Like maybe a space scorpion, or space fly...

Attached Files:

23. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

HandsOff

You're asking this of someone who loves words, & art. The possibilities are endless. The most prominant one is a face. I can't help but to see it. I like your new av.
    Or a mushroom w/ wings! It's very nice, adds a little something to the word " classic ". I'll definitely know who it is, without glancing at the name. ;) :D

24. HandsOff

2 Dazed thank you for your kind words. Especiallly what you said about knowing it would be me. It is a curiously good feeling to have an identity. For the longest time I did not have an avatar at all. It seems ironic, because I have litterally thousands of pictures on my computer.

Words and art are two things I love too. In fact, I love the little sayings people tack on their posts. I like the avatars, but to a lesser extent because they tend to be chosen less carefully than their mottos.

I wonder how many people (lot's I bet) cut and past their favorites onto an ever growing list.

Love your avatar too, by the way. Did you make it or find it? Thanks for caring about important stuff!

- HandsOff

25. DMo224

DMo224 Registered Member

I cut-n-past my favorites into a growing list. And I chose my avatar for this forum to be someone that's able to kick some spyware butt!

BTW, like my little sayings? :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.