What about McAfee Firewall Personal Plus?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Sputnik, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Just a quick question... Took a look at this program and it looks very nice, espessialy since it doesn't ship the lousy Security Center with it... It uses around 12/15mb ram on my system, and it's very clear to use... From what I saw now it's very good to use for beginners but advanced people may like it too...

But (here comes the question :p) did any of you here use it already, and how good is ito_O Pls tell me all about it ;)

2. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Hi,

"The lousy Security Center" works very well on my family's PC, especially the Privacy Service with parental control...
    Lousy...perhaps, but very complete and efficient.

As regards to McAffe Firewall Plus, i found it very easy to use but i don't like the applications configuaration.
    And this firewall is expensive (about 56 Euros) if it's not integrated in the Security Suite.
    But i'm agree that it's a good firewall for inexperienced users.
    As usual, try and make your own opinion.

Regards

3. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Must say that I am not a fan of the McAfee security center either. You should not have to look at all that advertising with paid software. Other than that, McAfee puts out a good AV.

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Have not used a McAfee product in ages, but I'll take your word for it and yes you are right you should not have to look at ADS on pay stuff! :mad:

5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

After some more testing i missed the "advanced controls" but it's peformance was good, all ports stealth and quite nice IDS...

I now trial McAfee's Desktop Firewall, wich is just great till now, one of the best I ever used, many advanced options, anti-hook control, clear interface... Well I use it a little longer, and will make a review on request ;)

Attached Files:

6. polaris

polaris Guest

stylewarz, have you tried firewall leak test for this product yet? I tried last night it only passed 1 test out of 5 tests. I don't have time to try the rest of the test. Maybe you can show me the results of the test. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.