What about hidden partitions?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lannyt, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lannyt

lannyt Registered Member

I just bought a new computer. It has a single drive with a normal C: partition and a hidden partition, the latter containing an image of C: with all the factory defaults. When looking at the partitions with Windows' Disk Management utility, the hidden partition has no volume letter or name. The File System column is blank, and the Status column says "Healthy (EISA Configuration). Can Acronis True Image Home 2009 accurately image and restore (from the image) this entire drive? Obviously, it is the hidden EISA partition that is the concern, here.

Thanks,

Lanny T.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

IN most cases, you can do a full disk backup and it will capture both partitions and you can restore both partitions. Generally, if ATI can see the partition, it won't have a problem backing it up. ATI is more likely to have a problem seeing your hardisk than seeing partitions.

Some Dell computers seem to cause a number of problems, but then, that's Dell for ya.

3. lannyt

lannyt Registered Member

Thanks, Shieber. The computer is from Alienware, not Dell, but I don't think that would change you response. I appreciate your input.

Lanny T.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lanny,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Home 2009!

You can backup and restore the whole hard drive as well as its partitions separately without problems. But if you restore this image to another hard drive you have to do it without resizing to keep the system bootability.

I would like to note, although there are no problems with most of the PCs, there was an issue with Lenovo laptop:
    1781: Lenovo ThinkPad W500 Does Not Boot after Restore

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.