What a load of rubbish

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SimonC, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonC

SimonC Registered Member

I purchased TI8 online this weekend and promptly installed it and created the SafeZone an Image of my C drive to another HDD and also a backup to DVDR.

Tonight I installed some software that messed up my install of XP quite badly even XP Restore refused to work correctly...

Haha I though I can restore to last nights Image..not a problem.

However i get the following errors trying to restore any of my images no matter which i pick.

Cannot Read Sector 0 on HDD0 & Image Corrupt

Thanks a bundle...didnt give me any warnings when i made the 3 images.
    Back to the old PQ Drive Image 2004, this Ti8 is not worth the agro.

How do i get my money backo_O Not happy one bit.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Simon --

It's usually a good practice to check images after you create them. Also, please be sure to have the latest build of the software when you are doing the image. As for refund, please write to support@acronis.com and your request will be taken care of.

Thank you.

3. SimonC

SimonC Registered Member

Quite frankly though out of 3 images all made at different times you would expect at least 1 of them to work would you not?

As for version its the very latest version as i only purchased it 2 nights ago and why would 'build' become a factor? Each release of TrueImage should work if being sold to perform a specific function.

1st impressions go far and in my hour of need True Image fell flat on its face and failed in every respect and my confidence in the product fell even more.

I have tonight created yet another image of my 'FRESHLY INSTALLED' XP(SP2) System with no other software installed and the 'check image' process as just reported back image corrupt. So out of 4 attempts its failed everytime. Not a very good track record for whats supposedly a system rescue package.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004
  4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Anton:

What is the procedure to 'check images after you create them' (other then attempting a restore)?

Thanks, pvsurfer

5. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

See screenshot!

Tipton

Attached Files:

• TI.jpg
      TI.jpg
      File size:
      90.9 KB
      Views:
  6. SimonC

SimonC Registered Member

I've tonight purchased PQ Drive Image 7 (V2i) after uninstalling Ti8 and requesting a refund. I tried creating an image 9 times with Ti8 over the past 3 days and each one reports back corrupted during verification. I've tried backup to HDD, backup to CD, Backup to SafeZone, Backup to DVD and all report corrupted.

I've installed PQ Drive Image and....and hey presto worked first time.

7. ZT3000

ZT3000 Registered Member

Thank you for this post as I WAS going to upgrade from my version 7 to a newly advertised version 8. After reading the problems with verison 8 here and in other posts, I won't be upgrading anymore.
    Did you say Drive Image is working well? How do you like that product?
    Thanks!!

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

OT for Acronis support forum and this closed. As has been said many times before; general software dicussions take place in the software and services forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.