What a joke this software is

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Disgusted, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disgusted

Disgusted Registered Member

So I downloaded the trial and backed up 85 gigs and wouldn't you know it I need to restore some files.

So I choose to restore to a different location and sometimes the progress window displays with no activity and sometimes it doesn't. The "job" shows in the active tasks scheduled for 12:00AM? and last run at 12:00AM? But there's no opening the job. My only option is to cancel it.

Plus the creat bootable media won't burn to a CD drive ( I have two -neither works) it say busy or some such nonsense.

What a waste of time.

Read this faq, that faq, try this, try that, boot into safe mode! What?

EDIT: Unnecessary comments removed: Pilli

Bye bye

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2006
  2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Did you read the User Guide :doubt: The User Guide is 81 pages.

If the system you are using, the software and the data, are important to you then it is highly recommended that for something as important as system imageing and backup you should not only read the User Guide but more importantly understand what is written BEFORE you attempt to use the software.

You need to invest the time in learning if you want to really understand how the software works, what it can/can't do, the good points, the bad points and the dangers.

It is not helpful to either yourself or this Forum to throw rocks at the software unless you have really tried to understand how the software works. After that if you still think it is rubbish then go ahead and say so and give examples, we would all like to learn from your experience.

Just a thought.... :cautious:

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

A very good thought but likely a wasted thought.

4. Patriots

Patriots Registered Member

This software saved me after a nasty virus. Super easy to use. I agree with Tabvla Before you post something like this and scare of some one who could really use this software make an attempt to really understand it.

5. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Yes, True Image is not a software for hasty users. They'd better ditch it, doing a favor to themselves, Acronis and the new users, willing to learn.

6. smokeybandit64

smokeybandit64 Registered Member

I am a new user to this software and happened to look into this thread, i am finding the software a little confusing such as would love to back up my C drive on a DVD but finding errors with this, but i do find the software very good and am enjoying the process of learning to use it, i have managed to backup on my USB HHD and onto CD-R (this took 5cds to complete) and also created a bootable cd with it, i think this person really needs to learn some patience.

Smokey :cool:

7. Jephrey01

Jephrey01 Registered Member

whats popin community,

i also got good and bad expirences ill backed up my c: drive to usb hd,
    and restored it in 20 minuts without any problem all was clear and easy to use, then i also tried to back up to dvds and dvdrw that is defently not working ill tried it with all options "two step" format to udf anything i could find out by reading the faq and the manual i was not able to back it up to dvds or dvdrw. Ill saw that smokeybandit backed it up to cd-r, maybee ill try that just a lil question did you burned the files to the cd-r with a third party software and splitet all the files to 700 mb ?

thx
    l8er

8. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hi Jephrey01,

If CDs will do, you can backup to them directly. TI will engage it's own burning tool.

To copy image files to DVD via the two-step method, you can use any DVD burning third party software.

To burn image files directly to DVD, you should follow the instructions from FAQ.

9. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Even if you were able to backup to CD or DVD media, with today's large hard drives, you will have to use several discs and it is going to be frustrating to try Restoring from so many discs. Better to use an external hard drive as the primary backup media and for extra security keep a secondary backup on DVD media, but always restore from the external hard drive.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Disgusted,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please let us know the exact product's name and the build number which you can find in the Help->About dialog?

Could you please also create a screen shots of your step-by-step actions which you took to restore the image?

Please clarify what the image was created from?

Regarding the Acronis True Image Bootable CD creation problem, please note that you can also create an ISO file of this bootable CD and burn it to the CD as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected screen shots to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

11. pete142

pete142 Registered Member

Kirill, when I clone a disk, I'm running outside of WinXP, at boot level, and there's no possibility of taking a screenshot. If there's an error during that process like, for example, "OPERATION ERROR: disk sectors copied different from disk sectors counted," what evidence would tech support like to see? I'm delighted to provide any and all clues possible. Thanks so much.

-- Pete

12. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I think I've often seen them recommend a snapshot with a digital camera in such situations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.