What 3rd party software doesn't work in compressed snapshots?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Horus37, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

Was just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their heads if they've had trouble with any 3rd party software not working with compressed snapshots? I can't remember but I thought I read somewhere that there are certain software that don't work when compressed.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I'm using compressed snapshots since yesterday, so I can't speak of much experience. My theoretical assumption is that every software should work in a compressed snapshot until it is proven with FACTS, not with stories.
    It's impossible for me to test thousands of softwares, just to see if they all work in a compressed environment. :D

I also ditch every software, that doesn't allow me to put its output-files on my data partition, no matter how good the software is. This is usually not a problem with most softwares, but I know they do exist.
    Peter has such a software (Quickbooks or something like that), but that's not a problem for Peter, because he has everything on ONE partition.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Quickbooks changed that. But if you had a monthly task that took over 8 hours, and one piece of software allowed doing it in one, but had that "minor" flaw, I'd bet you'd not be as quick to ditch it as you think.:D

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Well, I also have to live with the fact, that FDISR only works for my system partition [C:].
    It's just a general rule of me, not to use such softwares if there is another equal software, that allows me to separate their output files.
    So Quickbooks changed it, smart decision. :) They probably have read my post about this subject. :rolleyes:

5. vhick

vhick Registered Member

i have encounter a same problem but i can't remember what software that i use.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ROFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.