WG QUESTION RE: RAM

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by troffer, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troffer

troffer Registered Member

Im considering trying wormguard, however my concern is that like most ANTI proggys run consistently in startup, and I expect this one to also, I need to know how much of a RAM hog it is. This puter Im using now has only 256 MB RAMBUS and Ive got XP on it as well as Norton and other assorted startup features. So I dont want to tax that precious 256 MB too terribly. I know I need to upgrade, but sheesh almighty RAMBUS sticks are spendy. Its like those new brakes on your car you just keep avoiding to buy each paycheck?

Anyway, anyone know how much RAM WG will require?

Thanks, Stacey

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Troffer, WormGuard does not use RAM as such it uses a hook when files are opened, it has no running process in the normal sense therefore no overhead, just a few milliseconds of CPU time when hooking a file :)

3. troffer

troffer Registered Member

YAY!!!! Thank you for the detailed info. That certainly gives me the go ahead on that one. This machine here is my baby, even though shes of an older variety. So I must be careful on what I put on her. The other desktops and laptops we use are all 512 RAM and XP loaded out of the box so they run like champs.
    Ill give WG a shot (since the hubby surfs EVERYWHERE with this machine) and this sys is in the high risk catagory for picking up bad guys.

Thank you for your prompt reply,

Stacey

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Stacey, have fun with your Worm-baby-Guard! :)
    Let us know how it goes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.