Were there different 32 and 64 bit paid versions of HDM 11 Suite?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by skbaltimore, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

Hi. I've been using HDM 11 Suite with NO problems on my Lenovo V570 laptop with a Win 7 Pro 32 bit OS. I just got another V570 with a Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit system, and last night did a full system image backup. Tonight I went to do a differential system image backup to cover some changes that I'd made and even though there's a .PBF file clearly visible in the Browse For Archive window, when I click next, it says that the Wizard didn't find any objects that can be used for the differential backup. That's never happened before. So vaguely I think I remember having to choose between the 32 bit and the 64 bit downloads, but I'm not sure. I was able to use the partitioning parts of HDM 11 Suite without any problems to shrink and create new partitions. It's just the backup that's causing problems. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The different bit versions are for creating bootable winpe media. Depends which bit version you are running.

It shouldn't have any effect on your installed paragon program.

Is that a full base image you selected? Try selcting the arc folder instead of the .pbf file.

3. skbaltimore

Thanks for your response. (You were also very helpful in responding on the Windows Seven forum about reformatting the Lenovo V570.) I'm only running the bootable winpe version because I only do cold system image backups. I set it up with the .wim file through Easy BCD the way Raza0007 suggested in another thread. I've been using that setup for over a year w/o any problems on my Win 7 Pro 32 bit laptop. I don't even have the full program installed because I only run cold, never hot, backups. So it sounds as if that was the problem.

Oddly, even though I'm using the wrong bit version, sometimes I was able to get both a full and a differential backup completed. For some reason, rebooting sometimes helps. So, for example, I'm in the WinPe environment/program, and it gives me an error stating it can't find any objects with which to make the diff b/u. I then reboot into Windows, then boot back into the WinPe program, and it DOESN'T give me an error. Then I make the diff backup. And sometimes it's a full 11.5GB, just like the full backup, and other times it's the small size it's supposed to be. Since it appears as if I'm using the wrong bit version of the WinPe program, I'm concerned now that all these backups are somehow compromised, so I'll just delete them and start over. I did (I threw up a bit in my mouth doing it though) use the Lenovo "OneTouchRecovery" program, in Windows, to make a full current backup, so I'm covered. (And I have some full and diff backups that I made using Active@Disk Image software, paid program.)

Okay. I just checked my original email from Paragon, went to the site and the "My Download" section, and downloaded the latest version of HDM 12 Suite AND the 64 bit WinPE recovery media builder. The WinPE Recovery Media Builder will only make a bootable flash drive, not a bootable CD, but I just ran it and it does create a useable .WIM just like the bootable CD, so I replaced the new .wim which Easy BCD read w/o problem and booted into the WinPE program. (It's weird that it shows the .cmd window and the other setup never did but that's merely cosmetic; it doesn't affect the functionality of the program itself. Also, the look is different inside. Instead of showing all the drives, it shows one main drive, and then little ones on the sides that you have to click on to get to appear above. No biggie, though. As long as it works.

I'm going to delete all the old backups I made with the wrong bit version and redo them the right way. Thanks again for your response. It was, as usual, very helpful.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If you go to your paragon account, there should be a download available called BMB (Boot media builder).

That will have both bit versions and can create winpe for you. It does require the HUGE waik (from MS ) download, though.

Not clear to me what your problem is.

It shouldn't matter what bit version of winpe you are using, it doesn't have to be the same as your os.

The 64 bit paragon files included in bmb are for ease of adding drivers (if you are running 64 bit os ) - and efi boot/secure boot for those inflicted with windows 8.

5. skbaltimore

Oh, okay, thanks. I thought the 64 bit had to be used with a 64 bit OS. I'll have to keep an eye on everything and see if I can pick up the trouble shooting issue. I did notice that I had an issue with ADI where sometimes the diff b/u was the same size as a full backup. I have to send backup logs to their tech support to see what's what. And as I said, I did submit this problem to Paragon but have not heard back yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.