well i thought i could go back to nero 8...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

but i own a legit paid version and i decided to install nero micro since ALL I WANT IS THE BURNING ROM.. arghhhhhh.. anyway.. i install my key and every maybe 2 or 3 start ups it says my key is not legit.. what the hell?? i email ahead they ask for my key and they say it is legit nothing wrong with it.. they issue me a new key

about 2 weeks go by and now i get the same thing again now i cant even open the program at all even like before if i just kept trying it would eventually open now its locked on the "key not valid" screen... forget nero for good this time im fed up..

i know i asked a while back about alternatives.

i did not like really any of the free ones.. imo they all lacked one feature or another..

all i need is the burning rom from nero and id be set since i use other programs for the rest of the jobs.. is there a paid burning program that has anywhere near the options and quality of consistant burns as nero does.. ashampoo would be my pick if i could manually write track names to audio tracks... that one reason is why i keep uninstalling it.. i wish they would change that already...i dont care who it is or honestly at this point what it costs if it can do what i want.. i even own a paid version of gear pro.. 99$ it is a fantastic burning engine but lacks any kind of features which nero has .. it doesnt even tell you how much space the added files are going to take up on the disc until you click burn then it simply says there is not enough space.. for a 99$ program that is supposed to be as highly regarded as gear is it lacks A LOT..

please throw out some things for me to try out.. again as close to a nero engine as possible would be awesome.. thanks again

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

What programs have you tried so far? So we dont recommend them repeatedly.

3. zfactor

well.. infra, img burn, gear pro, nero, ashampoo, oront, and a ton of others i honetly dont even remember.. i just want the interface of nero (style wise none of this point and click junk i want full control over my session), and the options it bring (just from the burning rom itself not the recode and everything else i dont need any of that stuff)...

please throw some things out there minus what ive stated above even if i may have already tried them ill do it again since i tried so many i just dont remember now.. hope i missed a great thing out there but i doubt it..

4. forty

forty Guest

Copy To DVD by VSO works well for me. Good Luck!

5. zfactor

it seems to basic though .. is it not??

6. forty

forty Guest

It has a full version trial I think you might like it. It does everything I expect in a burning program. Rocky

7. zfactor

hmm looks okay ill have to try it out and see .. the screenshots are not to impressive but as long as it can do as much as nero can doesnt matter i guess

8. WSFuser

9. zfactor

romeo looks very interesting do you know any more about that one?? any idea how large it is once installed??

10. zfactor

also with the burnaware does anyone know the differences between the free and home editions?? i know ive tried the free one but not the home version and im not sure what the free one was missing

11. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

1. nero 6.6 (last good version of nero imho, everything after that = bloated, buggy trash)
    2. img burn

thats all i ever use

12. zfactor

i run vista so i cant use 6.6 or trust me i would be that was the last one i really liked

13. WSFuser

14. zfactor

awesome thanks for that the home version seems to have everything in it... ill def give it another go as well

15. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Why dont you just do a fresh install of Nero 8 and use custom installation, and just uncheck what you dont want installed :doubt:

16. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Nero is bloated. I switched years ago to Ashampoo Burning Studio. They also offer free versions for life if you keep your eyes out.

17. zfactor

as i said it lacks in one thing i need it to do and thats allowing me to edit track names

even doing a fresh install of nero 8 it still loads all kinds of junk all over vista and is nearly impossible to uninstall even thier removal tool does not fully work..

and iregardless the issues i have will not be solved by doing that

18. zfactor

for now i have went back to nero 7 till i find something i can actually use (and i paid for nero 8 ... )

19. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

20. zfactor

did you not read my first post??

21. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Have you tried Nero Micro? I had key problems with the full version as well, but the micro installation has worked without a hitch.

22. WSFuser

and a previous quote:
    So yes zfactor has in fact tried Nero Micro.

23. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

i don't know what features you exactly want but ImgBurn that you tried does alot. Simple and bloat free. Here are the guides.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4

The new version just released has
    :D

24. WSFuser

Well ImgBurn does support CD Text like you want zfactor.

25. zfactor

well then i may have another go at it the cd audio side of it was what was lacking for me last time around..now what about dvd support. can i burn vob files as a video dvd and do dvd audio etc with the new version..??

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.