well,i dont think bitdefender is heavy...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pravbk, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pravbk

pravbk Registered Member

Yesterday i installed bitdefender antivirus plus 10(trial) and i saw that memory used by Bitdefender is lower than nod32.when i was using nod32 it was using around 25 to 30 mb RAM memory.And i saw that bitdefender is using around 20 to 30 mb memory.
    In case of scanning i found it lighter than kaspersky(which i used 10 days before as i am in testing mode right now)it was smoother than kaspersky. It scanned around 500000 files in 1 hour 5 min. While kaspersky took 2 hours.And there is no delay in startup. It detected some spyware and backdoor in my 5 month old files which kaspersky or nod32 didnt.
    But im little confused about using it. it scanned and detected something but it didnt asked me about the action to take.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It isnt heavy compared to some others here. V10 had some bugs but I am told V11 is going to introduce some new concepts in Total Security.;) And KIS might be in for a surprise. :cool:

3. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

When I gave BitDefender 10 (AntiVirus only) a run earlier this year, I wasn't concerned about the impact on my system. I was dismayed at the way the web scanner dramatically slowed down page loading speed. I'm on a 20 MBPS cable system, and the drag was intolerable. Avast, NOD32 and F-Secure (as well as KIS/KAV6 with some tweaking) have implemented web scanning with very little noticeable lag. Perhaps v. 11 will correct this situation.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the only slowdown i ever got from BD was when i used to open outlook express and the bd toolbar used to slow it down, this was all.

bitdefender is one of the most under-rated antivirus software on the market today.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Very true Chris, very true.;)

6. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I ran BD pro 9 on a PII 266 and to be honest I did not find it heavy at all. What I did find heavy tho was PCCillin 2006 and F-Secure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.