Weird Superantispyware Discounts!!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by xpsunny, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

Who cares if its a bit misleading? For someone who wants to buy SAS and SuperADB its no doubt a fantastic offer, no matter how long its been there for. Users can always buy the 2 seperately if they wish. :rolleyes: :D

2. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi All

My ten pennyworth for what its worth.

Nick Skrepetos said:

"You are right - we have provided over 12 million users FREE ANTISPYWARE software to fix their problems without asking for a penny.

That certainly speaks volumes about who we are!"

So this statement justifies why misleading advertising is acceptable does it? Because they, Superantispyware, think they are such a philanthropic organisation that the normal rules don't apply?

I think Mr Skrepetos had better give up on this one before shooting himself in the foot becomes an amputation.

10 out of 10 for a very fine product, Zero for logic and a principalled business approach.

Terry

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We are deceiving no one. We have the right to advertise anything we want, anyway we want and have very ethical business practices. We go above the "norm" to help our customers and provide a solid value and product.

No one has been cheated, nor forced to purchase anything from our company.

The specials are turned on and off at our discretion.

4. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

How come this suddenly became such an issue? I guess the user now banned from SAS forums got what he/she was after ... :rolleyes:

And for what it's worth, I consider almost all forms of advertizing as bad. After all, they seek to influence me and my decisions, whether I wanted it or not :)

Frankly, I don't see anything 'weird' with SAS discount.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

There are plenty of stores in my are without mention of names that put out flyers of big sales of products and never have them in stock the day of the sale,even if i am the first customer at the door upon openning.sorry where out of stock now thats false advertisement.It is marketing to lure people in the store in hopes they buy other things.At least SAS that has a sale does not say sorry where out of downloads would you like a raincheck for something never to arrive in stock.:p

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

The definition of Deceptive, according to WordWeb, is
    Perhaps the reason why some of the natives are restless is because SuperAdBlocker is only $29.95 and comes already bundled with the FREE SAS version, which we all know is pretty good. Could this be why feathers have been ruffled?

Personally, I don't have a problem with the ad, except to point out that the math is incorrect. SAS Pro at $29.95 plus SAB at $29.95 is $59.90, not $10 more (unless it comes with a lifetime subscription, or it is a CD version with free shipping, however, the screen capture of the ad does not mention that fact).

7. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

You just described the core principle behind advertizing industry :)

Getting slightly off-topic, I know, apologies for that.

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Wow, I didn't even notice the image XPSunny posted was modified! I guess when you ban someone, they do all sorts of things to cause problems!

Here is the actual image that we serve (right from our site):

http://www.superantispyware.com/images/IMGSAB_SAS.gif

SUPERAdBlocker contains the Personal version of SAS - it doesn't contain Direct Disk Access nor Custom Scanning or many of the other features found in SUPERAntiSpyware Free and SUPERAntiSpyware Professional.

So, the user is getting a great "deal" because they get SUPERAntiSpyware Professional ($29.95) + SUPERAdBlocker ($29.95) == $59.90 for only $29.95.

The lifetime subscription, if added for US $9.95 also applies to both products, which makes it an even better "deal".

9. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

But that price is Today ONLY... right?

10. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We rotate the ads out and discounts as well.

11. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I don't understand why all the big fuss. Unlike other advertisments, here, the client actually leaves with a GAIN. What's better for a client? Having the opportunity for a discount every day or just once a year?

I don't use SAS, i don't need it. But there are some programs that interest me and i *wish* they come up with a "discount day" (hoping from Xmas offers now). With SAS , a client instead of wishing and hoping, gets the offer everyday. So who cares if it's a false statement. Fact is the client gets away with the product at a low price.

If the client doesn't like the program or thinks the offer is too expensive, he won't buy it anyway. So hold your horses. This is the exact opposite of the example with the store making a special offer and when you arrive they say to you "Sorry, we are out of stock". SAS practically says "We have offer everyday and we are NEVER out of stock". So , if you have the money and like the product, it's all the client's gain to buy.

Sure, SAS could bring this offer once a month , so none in here would protest. But , isn't it better for the customers' wallets if they have the offer everyday? The customer isn't loosing any money, that's for sure.

12. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Incredible:argh:

13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Nick, thank you very much for displaying the correct ad. :thumb: That poster's credibility has gone out the window!

14. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I second that as well, I have been using sas pro for a while now and I love sas pro and there support.:thumb:

THE MUL

15. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Funny thread :D

well, latest image clarifies all about this ad, i personally don't see anything wrong with it.

I'd just like to add that i'd like to see a good offer for the SAS Pro standalone only without extra bundles ;)

16. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

PM Me :)

17. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

There was a special offer last year in a thread on this forum - where I got 2 Lifetime licenses for $19.95

I should know because I have them now! LOL :D

18. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I wish that for Xmas, all security vendors that visit the forum, come up with similar "weird discounts". :D Do you hear me Santa? :D

19. Macstorm

thanks thanks Nick :D

20. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Nick is always very generous;)

@Nick: no need to mention it here but you know what I mean: txs!:)

Regards,

Smokey

21. Macstorm

Tarnak, Fuzzfas & Smokey

Christmas has come early here this year *puppy*

22. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

:D :thumb:

23. evilscribble

evilscribble Registered Member

Please explain to me why xpsunny would go out of his way and edit the price on the image and add 10 bucks to it. LOL.

24. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

^^^^ So it looks deceptive/incorrect.......

25. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i guess it is there descision of how to advertise, not like theyre the only company to do it and yes i guess it is somewhat deceptive saying that is the only day u get that deal but who cares really, and tbh as long as SAS continues to remove the malware i find im happy :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.