Weird Problem on Startup of Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jagger, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jagger

Jagger Registered Member

Greetings:

I have been using Spywareblaster 3.5.1 for a few months w/o incident. However, recently, when I open SWB, a windows dialogue box pops ups stating "Preparing to Install" components for MS Office (I have Office XP). I have to cancel this twice to get into SWB. Anyone have any idea why, out of nowhere, MS Office now seems linked to SWB?

BTW: I uninstalled SWB and reinstalled to see if it would fix it. No effect.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Jagger....Welcome to Wilders :thumb:

In our past threads most positive results have been found by letting what ever MS Office needs to install complete.

What I have personally found is when a user logs into Windows for maybe the first time ever or after an Office install\change and has also installed Spywareblaster from another account...."Preparing to Install" comes into play. My suggestion has always been to either let Microsoft finish the install as you step thru the Install message Window or simply open up Excel, Word, Access or any of the Office products and everything should be good to go then with Spywareblaster.

HTH,
    Bubba

3. Jagger

Jagger Registered Member

Thanks Bubba - I'll give it a shot tonight.

4. Jagger

Jagger Registered Member

Freakin' sweet! Works perfectly now. Thanks for the advice!

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Good to hear and You are Welcome :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.