Weird NAS Issue

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Apr 1, 2015.

1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I have a fairly new WD MyCloud 4TB NAS and I'm running W7 and W10TP on a dual boot on separate hard drives.

I backed up both on the same day. The W10TP was done unattended meaning I wasn't there when it finished and I didn't do an integrity check.

I do a simple C/P from the NAS to a USB 3.0 docking station with a new WD 6TB inserted. I closed HDM15S and proceeded to copy the file over but it wasn't listed! Opened HDM15S and there it was in the archive list. Back to Explorer, no file. I needed to copy another file, actually a MS Outlook PST file to another share/folder which worked and after doing so, my lost file appeared. I C/P it to my external USB drive.

A few days later, the same file is gone from the NAS again and the the external USB drive. The PVHD for W7 has always remained. I did a System only restore on the NAS, no help.

I ran a CHKDSK on the USB drive which came back clean.

The only thing that I can come with is the while unattended, HDM15S was still open keeping the share open, the NAS went into power saving/sleep mode which hosed it.

I turned OFF that mode, ran another PVHD while unattended and so far the file remains.

I don't know if this is a problem with W10TP, HDM15S or the NAS?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.