Weird messages from windows security center

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by tosbsas, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Hey there

I am on a german xpsp2 home with intel video card and today - after weeks of no trouble - windows security center started to tell me that ess was disabled - although it showed enabled. After 3 or 4 restarts everything is fine again - but ....

Wierd thing though - I thought I could help both apps work again togehter by disbaling and enabling antivirus protection - but - disable of antivirus will not work. I can unmark th eoption in advanced setup, but it will not save that setting - is that a beta limitation or a bug?

Ruben

2. Adam Kachwalla

Adam Kachwalla Registered Member

Did you try disabling it from the setup, restarting the computer, then re-enabling it from the setup? Sometimes that works.

3. tosbsas

ah, ok, no I didn't concouisly - I just saw it didn't hold the settings changes -a actually it was running again when I restarted

Ruben

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you are sure your ESS is really working (can be tested with Eicar test file) , ESS is updated and your computer settings are correct (especially system time/date) , then perform this to fix the problem
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=893101&postcount=7

5. tosbsas

its working :)-)) and up to date, the main question remains -why can't I disable it??

Ruben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.