Weird hard disk problem

Discussion in 'hardware' started by LordCyb3R, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordCyb3R

LordCyb3R Registered Member

I was working on my windows vista home premium editions when I restarted my system because it crashed.

I have been trying to restart without success, it seems like the HD doesn't exist for any SO except by the BIOS. I mean the HD is recognized by the BIOS but I can see any partitions of the HD when I try to install Windows 7, Vista or Ubuntu.

I used Ubuntu as a live CD to check if I can recovery my information on the disk, But again, not HD detected by Ubuntu.

When I am trying to install Win 7 or Vista I get a window asking me for drivers for CD or DVD.

Somebody tell my disk may be blocked, but I don't know what that's it mean and how to fix it.

Please tell what may be happening and what I can do.

Thanks in advance

2. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

Read and Print this out:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Also, in the BIOS, make sure the Boot Sequence Order is as follows: Hard Disk first, followed by the Floppy Drive second, followed by the CD/DVD Drive third.
    First inspect the Boot Sequence Order in the BIOS, correct if necessary, then try booting the Operating System before exercising any of the methods in the above link.

HKEY1952

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.