Weird Dr. Web CureIT issue.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Matt_Smi, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I have noticed that when I open Dr. Web CureIT, after it performs the memory scan, the memory usage for almost all my processes running in the task manager increases by quite a bit. For example nod32krn.exe goes from around 12,000-14,000k to 30,000k! I at first thought this was some odd problem with my computer until today when I noticed it immediately after I opened Dr. Web, I then rebooted and checked again just to make sure and sure enough happened again. Could someone else see if this happens to them? I just want to make sure I am not the only one!

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

This is a normal . That always happens when Dr.Web scans memory. If I remeber correctly it has to do with the way windows manages memory. I ask the exact same question some time ago.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

4. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Great thanks for the response Namor, good to know it is not a problem, I figured it had to do with the way windows manages memory. And I am glad I found out that Dr. Web was causing this, as I thought something was really wrong with my machine when things were doubling in mem usage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.