Weird Dr. Web CureIT issue.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Matt_Smi, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I have noticed that when I open Dr. Web CureIT, after it performs the memory scan, the memory usage for almost all my processes running in the task manager increases by quite a bit. For example nod32krn.exe goes from around 12,000-14,000k to 30,000k! I at first thought this was some odd problem with my computer until today when I noticed it immediately after I opened Dr. Web, I then rebooted and checked again just to make sure and sure enough happened again. Could someone else see if this happens to them? I just want to make sure I am not the only one!

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

This is a normal . That always happens when Dr.Web scans memory. If I remeber correctly it has to do with the way windows manages memory. I ask the exact same question some time ago.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

4. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Great thanks for the response Namor, good to know it is not a problem, I figured it had to do with the way windows manages memory. And I am glad I found out that Dr. Web was causing this, as I thought something was really wrong with my machine when things were doubling in mem usage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.