Weird crashes in Ubuntu

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by ComputerSaysNo, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been having some weird popup messages saying "chromium crashed please relaunch" of late. But chromium has not crashed. It's weird... Where should I look in the logs for funny business?

2. ~ VirusTotal Results Removed per Policy ~

Folder in temp: ssh-FSMqVoIs1775 includes file: agent.1775

Suspect or what? SSH?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
  3. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

Not sure why you posted the virustotal page. The file you posted in /tmp is a normal file ssh makes. I have one too, though mine is "agent.5016"

4. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Maybe check the Log File viewer for clues.

5. That's the agent file uploaded to virustotal.com , comments suggest it's a file dropped by a trojan

6. Ubuntu includes gnome-keyring, which implements an SSH agent. That's the SSH socket file, generated when you log in. It's not your problem.

If it's not too confidential, what websites do you frequent on which Chromium claims to have crashed?

7. OK but the thing is...the file has a hash that is a known trojan dropper. Wrong information?

Websites are just podcasts and gmail. Am i getting MiTM?

8. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

One of the comments on the page you linked said that the hash is the hash of an empty file. Now that the link has been moderated, I can't go back to check to see if this is indeed true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.