Weird (All) rules in Online Armor

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pwr, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwr

pwr Registered Member

I can't believe these (All) rules are default in Online Armor:

http://lindlounge.com/oa.JPG

I mean, allowing every program on the machine to use ports 80, 443, 53, 7022, 7024 as they see fito_O

What's going on? o_O

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

When i tried version 3.0.190, no such rules were there by default! And i would certainly delete them immediately!

You should find somewhere in settings and deselect the "allow automatically trusted applications to access internet" and also check "notify when a program is autotrusted" (or something similar).

3. sded

sded Registered Member

Not there by default. I am running OA 3 on 2 Vista and 1 XP machine and don't have any all rules at all. Maybe rerun the safety check wizard?

4. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Hard to say. I installed OA many times and never saw anything like this.

Do you mean these rules appeared right after install (are you sure you didn't import old rules during SCW) ? What version did you install ?

5. pwr

pwr Registered Member

Ok, pretty weird. I'll delete them and do some checks.

Alex_s yeah they were there right away. Might have been old rules from long ago where I might have tried OA, but I certainly have never added those rules even back then. I installed the 3.0.0.190.Free.

It passed the safety check. I think I'll reinstall and clean out any old installation.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  6. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

FWIW, the only "ALL" rules in OA xp sp3 I saw were ones I built myself to block incoming packets on certain ports heavily used by trojans. May have been over kill at the time but I don't believe in overkill on incoming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.