Weird (All) rules in Online Armor

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pwr, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwr

pwr Registered Member

I can't believe these (All) rules are default in Online Armor:

http://lindlounge.com/oa.JPG

I mean, allowing every program on the machine to use ports 80, 443, 53, 7022, 7024 as they see fito_O

What's going on? o_O

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

When i tried version 3.0.190, no such rules were there by default! And i would certainly delete them immediately!

You should find somewhere in settings and deselect the "allow automatically trusted applications to access internet" and also check "notify when a program is autotrusted" (or something similar).

3. sded

sded Registered Member

Not there by default. I am running OA 3 on 2 Vista and 1 XP machine and don't have any all rules at all. Maybe rerun the safety check wizard?

4. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Hard to say. I installed OA many times and never saw anything like this.

Do you mean these rules appeared right after install (are you sure you didn't import old rules during SCW) ? What version did you install ?

5. pwr

pwr Registered Member

Ok, pretty weird. I'll delete them and do some checks.

Alex_s yeah they were there right away. Might have been old rules from long ago where I might have tried OA, but I certainly have never added those rules even back then. I installed the 3.0.0.190.Free.

It passed the safety check. I think I'll reinstall and clean out any old installation.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  6. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

FWIW, the only "ALL" rules in OA xp sp3 I saw were ones I built myself to block incoming packets on certain ports heavily used by trojans. May have been over kill at the time but I don't believe in overkill on incoming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.