Websites in Infinite Loop

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I have ran into a snag in a corporate enviornment.

The setup consists of users with roaming profiles. This particular user is using IE as her default browser and she is stuck in an infinite loop. She manages patents and intellectual property for the company. When she tries to login to say her Google account or USPTO.gov to search for patent numbers. It requires a captcha be entered. After the captcha is entered she is then sent to a page where she can put in the patent number. When she hits search or enter its supposed to search the patent in the database. However, it just loops back to the captcha and she has to restart.

I have already done alot of troubleshooting. Possibly the most important troubleshooting is verifying that this affects any roaming user and local admin account on the workstation. It is also cross browser meaning it affects IE8 as well as Google Chrome.

In IE8 I have tried compatibility mode, adding the site to trusted lists, lowering security options, removing cookies and settings all to no avail. I have verified javascript is enabled and cookies are accepted.

Any ideas where to look since it affects multiple browsers and multiple profiles?

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

In the corporate environment, under these circumstances, I would consider using the latest Firefox with NoScript add-on. Also, are there alternative profile setups other than roaming (which seems to imply mobile device use) instead of a non-roaming profile used by most corporate internal environments from Windows computers.

-- Tom

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

The 2 type's of profiles in use are local and roaming. 99% of them are roaming unless its a local admin account to that PC or an administrator of the network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.