Website opinions needed please :)

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Capp, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I need some opinions about my website. I am going to be updating it soon and then start really trying to market my small company to bring in more business. HERE

What I'm looking for is honost opinions and suggesstions to the layout and content of my site. Please don't write things like..."It sucks", etc.. I am really wanting some constructive criticism.

If you look at it, please do so as if you were a could-be client looking for some IT help around your office/home and if what you saw would make you want to contact me.

If this is in any violation of the TOS...I apologize, I'm not trying to solicite, just get some opinions.

Thank you everyone

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Here is a copy of what someone has written to me. This is the kind of advice I am looking for:
    Thank You again for the input :)

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Here's my input :)

1)First of, I'd like to see better colours, a bit darker, you understand right? ;)

2)Overall layout is quite good

3)A "PayPal certified" Logo or banner might be good for the index page :)

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

It is simple and nice ;)

Try to make a better clean images...

5. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Hi Capp!

Glad to see you got your Chat-Stop going! Good deal!

I, also, think the bright big blue Capp-Ware Solutions is off putting, smaller and a little more in line with the colors you are using would be better, it just looks like it doesn't even go with the rest of the page.

What I have wondered ever since you first put your business up is whether you have ever re-considered using the initials- CWS? Alot of people only think of one thing when they see those initials, it might make people hesitant to trust you? Maybe it's just me, though, ask around!

Glad to see you doing what you want in life, that's the best part! [​IMG]

Good Luck -n- Congratulations! [​IMG]

Marja[​IMG]

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Thank you for the replies. I have re-considered using CWS because of that very reason. Of course, at the time...it didn't click to me, but I'll be changing it.

The title of the page with borders and colors will be changed when I re-do it.

Thank You again for the comments.

Anybody have any suggestions/comments for the content as well?

Thank You

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Looks OK,

But I would like to see this (attached shot) a bit more readable according to the rest of the text :)

Attached Files:

• capp.gif
      capp.gif
      File size:
      14.6 KB
      Views:
  8. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I am going to arrange the Virus-Radar pics a little differently, but as far as the text goes...that is the way it is designed. If you go to Eset's Virus-Radar page, you'll see that this is how it looks on theirs too.

Thanks for your input :)

9. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

Overall I like the way it's written, straightforward without excessive jargon, but you need to watch out for spelling and grammar. E.g.

Check out this guide to punctuation for the correct use of capital letters:
    Content

I found I had to click round the site to find out what you actually do, and I think it should be clear on the home page that you offer hardware and software maintenance, installation, training, you sell software, etc. 'IT solutions' is too vague. That information would then be covered in more detail on the other pages.

The business about hours per year should be on the services page, not the home page. Perhaps you should give a couple of examples of annual service schemes; a non-tech potential client would have no idea how many hours they need.

I can't see any list of operating systems - Windows, Linux...?

About us - I'd want to know more about your experience and qualifications. Any impressive recent projects you could list? Why should I choose you over your competitors?

Prices - I'd like to have more information on the website. I realise it's hard to present exact figures, given the nature of your services, but as things stand I wouldn't contact you to discuss prices, I'd worry I was letting myself in for 15-30 minutes of sales talk. Maybe a couple of tables for different categories of clients (home users, micro businesses, small businesses...) showing typical prices for various services and software.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  10. Jaws

Jaws Registered Member

Hi Capp,

On your Services page, why do you link to Esets home page? I would think it preferable to link to your own software sales page with a menu of buying options on its own separate page. Put a link to Esets home here if you feel it's necessary. You also don't give any payment options (CC or Paypal) until you click on buy now. Just some thoughts for now.

Regards and good luck,

Jaws

11. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I would reorder the menus:
    Home Services Home Users Software About Us Contact Us

The colors in the top half are hard compared to the eset colors.

Otherwise: go!

12. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Great information!! I really appreciate it. Since I am not a website designer, I am having to learn as I go.

I'll definitely put theses suggestions to good use.

Thanks again ;)

13. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

Glad you found it useful :)

14. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I agree with Marja.
    CWS as initials is a bad choice.
    CWS means almost world-wide "CoolWebSearch" (nasty malware #1).

If you don't want to change the full company name "CAPP-WARE Solutions",
    choose an abbreviation like "CAWA" or "CAWAS".
    Unfortunately, both abbreviations are already used on the net LOL.

You might consider a company logo.

15. Jaws

Jaws Registered Member

Capp,

This may sound goofy but I would use your avatar you use here on Wilders for your logo (I really like it) and use Capp-Ware.com or Capp Computer Solutions for your title. With Small Business and Home Solutions in smaller print below.

Capp Computer Solutions
    Small Business and Home Solutions ​

Putting your avatar to the left of the title. I tried for the longest time to put your avatar in this post but I don't know how to do it.

I used to do a little desktop publishing years ago and I think what you're doing is really exciting.

Jaws

16. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Actually, my avatar is my company logo. I had removed it from the main page because of the size and layout, but it will be returning.

I don't know what I'll abbreviate the company name. I have it registered as Capp-Ware so I have to at least keep that part of it. The "Solutions" part is optional, so I may toy around with that. Maybe CWCS (Capp-Ware Computer Solutions).

Thank you guys so much for your honest feedback. Please don't hesitate to critique more if you deem necessary. ;)

17. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Your avatar is indeed a good logo. It shows clearly what you are doing.

Since the main part of the company name is "Capp-Ware" and is mentioned in your url and your email-address as well, I wouldn't use any initials or any abbreviation.
    "Capp-Ware" is short enough, easy to say and easy to remember.
    Keep it simple, there are already abbreviations enough in the computer world.
    The rest of the company name isn't that important.

18. Jaws

Jaws Registered Member

Capp,

I would break out the software you sell from the software you recommend into separate headers.

Again, clicking on F-Prot takes a person to their (Frisk) site not your sales page.

Group your sales on one page: Software - Nod32, F-Prot, Chatstop, PhoneMGR and your services next to the software header page.

Leave the free stuff recommendations out of these pages.

Regards,

Jaws

19. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

o_O....

Attached Files:

20. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Awesome!!

That is what I was going to work on doing myself. Thank You so much, that looks great!

21. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I'm going to seperate what I sell from free downloads. I have the links for NOD and F-Prot go to their rightful creators pages just so they can read more info about the product. Another reason I have the listing of recommended software, is because it is a way for me to have a quick link to download those particular pieces of software without having to browse through several pages if I'm at a clients/family's house.

Thanks for the suggestions again :)

22. bigbuck

I was just mucking around with the left hand one too. Trying to take out the Caps (capitals ;) )....

Attached Files:

23. bigbuck

...or better maybe?

Attached Files:

24. Marja

Hey! that's good, Buck!

Capp-ware, it's has a good sound! One of those phrases that sticks in your memory!

You couldn't go wrong with that, it already sounds like something that's been around forever!

A very good "hook", Capp!! LOL!

Gee, if I ever start a business I am coming here for suggestions, too!

Marja[​IMG]

25. Marja

Well, the second makes home users aware Capp-ware works for them too!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.