Webside Block by a ESS Option

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Galaxykiss, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

20090403_95598ca373d1381f1183w0dkVQrsCq2n.jpg
    Some webside cannot be opened when this option is active. Such as google, neteasy. Furthermore,4.0.417 will made windows7 7068 unstable. A bluesceen due to tcpip.sys error will be created.

please check them all , thanks a lot.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Huh, you might be on to something with that. Some peoples internet problems were resolved with the latest ess with the exception of a few urls such as google.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

You may have hit on an answer, but it is a little unfair to expect ESS to run on W7, when it isn't even at RC stage yet (for general release).

Colin

4. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

w7 works perfectly so far. And there are many use have reported this issue to the local official eset forum. But obviously, the issue hasn't been fixed yet.

5. nawfal07

nawfal07 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I just bought a new laptop and transferred my license to it. I downloaded and installed the new version of ESET Smart Security 4.0.417.0.

If I toggle on "Block unsafe address after attack detection", I can't open Yahoo and Google. But this happens only with IE8 (never tried with IE7). If I use Firefox I can open all the websites.

But I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. So I guess it's more specific to IE8, not to Windows 7. o_O

My question is, is it safe if I toggle that option off? Or is there any work around to it?

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

There is a critical Vista IE8 update from Microsoft, i found it last Thursday, it is 16MB, although it is probably only a security patch outside next Tuesday scheduled patch, it may have something in it that will sove your problem.

Strangely it was my XP system that had the problem not my Vista laptop.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.