Webroot Window Washer problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

I used a trial copy of Window Washer from Webroot (www.webroot.com) and upon doing so, I noticed a change in some webpages I visit and even the "Wireless Networks Available" window available in Windows XP service pack 2 update.

The pictures I have attached show how it looked before which is UNbolded and the other picture shows how when I ran Window Washer on my computer, what happened... the text got bold.

I ran into this same problem on another PC when I tested it to see and I'd like to know how to get it back to not being bold or if there is a setting in Window Washer which can be set for it not to do this.

Thanks, I'd appreciate all replies :)

~ Gracie

Picture below is UNBOLDED.

I was able to get a picture of both "types" because I took a screenshot of the Wireless Network Connection window on the second computer I ran Window Washer on... before doing so that is.

Attached Files:

2. gracie123

Here is the BOLDED picture... what happened after I ran Window Washer.

Attached Files:

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

im not certain if Window Washer is the culprit, but i think it could be something else.

try checking ur display properties > appearance > effects, and check whether ClearType is used or not.

if it is used, try changing it back to Standard.

4. gracie123

WSFuser,

Thank you very much for the reply! That worked PERFECTLY! I guess if I decide to purchase Window Washer, I'll have to do that adjust for the setting each time I run Window Washer.

Thank you again :),

Gracie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.