Webroot Window Washer 6.5.0.1093 update slower wash with bleach compared to 6.0.5.609

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by dscrap, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

I just upgraded to Window Washer 6.5.0.1093 from version 6.0.5.609 and now washing with bleach set to 7 wipes is so slow. With the older version, it only took a few minutes to wipe 1000's of temp internet files. Now it is taking over 10x as long. I have been washing now for 37 minutes and only washed 2800 items yet. This is ridiculous. I also got a false positive with NOD32 antivirus when I downloaded and installed the update from Webroots site. How long is it taking everyone else to wash files?

I have a Core 2 Duo at 2.4GHz and 4 GB of ram running Vista Ultimate...

hgotn-0004.jpg

This leaves me wondering if version 6.0.5.609 actually washed items with bleach or is version 6.5.0.1093 just messed upo_O I looked at the Webroot support site and found the following from thier knowledge base...

Interestingly, I called Webroot from the number above and talk to tech support after a 30 minute wait... The guy went over a few things with me and I explained what was happening. Not having a good explanation, he stated that Window Washer 6.0 was not intended to run on Vista. More than likely it was just deleting the temporary files and not bleaching them at all. That kinda makes sense, but when I updated to Vista, I checked the Webroot site and no where did it say that Window Washer was not compatible. So if you have 6.0 and are running Vista, you better update.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  2. John Gables

John Gables Registered Member

I have the same problem -- washing with bleach (even the 3-pass setting) slows washing to a crawl. This is with Window Washer 6.5.0.1093 on a screaming Vista Ultimate machine. Turning off bleach speeds up the wash tremendously.

It's not supposed to work this way. I use Window Washer 6.0.2 on two XP machines, and the washes go very fast with bleach turned on. And those XP machines have slow hardware.

I wonder if 6.5 is incompatible with other software. The only (relatively) unusual software I run is NOD32 Antivirus, which I notice is what dscrap uses as well. It's not as common as other antivirus programs, so maybe Webroot didn't test the new Window Washer with NOD32.

I hope Webroot monitors these threads. I'd really like to be able to use bleach while washing.

3. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Registered Member

i been using new version on two machines with xp and my brother also has xp and we notice that new version might have a memory leak check your memory in task manger washer service got as high as 127.000 the next morning disp.exe was about 29.000 they told use to do a clean install and i ask my brother what his was the next day 117.000 for washer service i did do a support ticket hope they can fix just wanted to add my two cent maybe that also your guys problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.