Webroot Spy Sweeper concern, finding new antispyware and needing help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

I recently got notified of an upgrade to Spy Sweeper from Webroot. So, I updated but was not happy to see that they were pushing an antivirus on me. There was no place that I could see in the Custom Setup and the program itself to disable the antivirus it comes with which is Sophos if I remember right. I am happy with Spy Sweeper as my antispyware and NOD32 as my antivirus but now I am worried about the 2 conflicting!

I have emailed Webroot and told them if theres anyway I can disable the antivirus. But I am also wondering if anyone can tell me of a better antispyware program or even of another one that will do.

Thanks in advance,

Gracie

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have webroot spysweeper new version upgrade and the av is off disabled and you have to pay to actovate it so no problems there.

3. gracie123

Hi, oh ok I didn't know I'd have to pay to activate it because it looks like its turned on due to the fact that it shows 2 green charkmark boxes like its enabled.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hmm can you post a screenshot?
    because its ment to be that you have to pay to have the av.

lodore

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Did everyone just install the new version over the top of the old one? Or remove the old one first?

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I would suggest that you uninstall the old one first, then remove any remaining old files from the Webroot folder, if any.

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it's a good idea to have a couple of antispyware programs, not running at the smae time, but to scan your system with. maybe superantispyware is good o_O you could do a forum search for it. maybe nod has good AS protection now though and you don't need another lol

9. gracie123

Hello all,

Thanks for your help... I have uninstalled Spy Sweeper and reinstalled and now it looks correctly saying I need to pay for the antivirus if I want it.

Thanks again, my problem is solved :)

Gracie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.