Webroot secureanywhere 2013 complete..buggy

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by tomdy2k, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

Same ole same ole..I bought it last year(complete) that is and got a refund because of bugs...Now the 2013 trial is buggy also..when scrolling favorites on chrome it will start scrolling and can;t stop I have to close browser.another uninstall..wish they would get this one right but not holding my breath!!!

2. guest

guest Guest

I am sure it can and will be fixed, just don't give up yet but instead let them find out what the problem is in your case. - Unfortunately I am not using chrome so can't verify that problem. But I doubt (for now!) that ALL chrome users of WSA customers have that same experience or else it would be talked about much more often here, right? - But on the other hand, if you got a refund .. did they give up so easy back then? - But good thing that you reported it, if there is a bug it has to be fixed and now there is probably a chance for that if you are willing to work with them. ;)

Sure that doesn't help you right now but in my experience they got every bug fixed so far that ever appeared. A few took a long time, but if one persists on reporting them things come into focus and are getting looked at. ;)

Any other user out there with the same problem?

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about your negative user experience, but I haven't heard of this issue, and we try to integrate as little into browsers as possible. Could you let me know if disabling the Webroot password management add-on corrects the issue? This is a branded version of Lastpass which we license for password management and could possibly be the culprit here.

Thank you!

4. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Never had the problem on any of the thousands of systems I've installed it on. I wonder what's weird with your computer system that's causing the issue. But a hunch on a possibility

Special keyboard or mouse? Fancy driver?

Regardless of Yes or No, try disabling the Identity Shield temporarily and see if the problem still occurs.

If it does, file a ticket with the official support team. If it doesn't continue to occur with the ID Shield off, let PrevXHelp here know (He's a developer there) and file a ticket with Support letting them know too.

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I don't visit the Webroot page much so I guess I must have forgot they started branding Versions as 2012, and 2013. It says i'm using 8.0.2.109. Am I using 2012 or 2013? It doesn't say anything about 2012 or 2013 anywhere that I see in the UI.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

2013 - we autoupgrade all users for free.

7. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Thanks Joe!

8. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

2012 vs 2013 is the capabilities on the keycode as controlled by the server and the pretty picture on the box in stores. :)

Webroot historically always auto-upgrades all users to the newest version at all times for free.

9. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

not a single scrolling issue on chrome here on multiple machines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.