Webroot SA and Emsisoft AntiMalware

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by justenough, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

I've been running WSA, Sandboxie and Mamutu, but Emsisoft just announced they are ending support of Mamutu and converted my 2 year + license to Emsisoft AntiMalware. I noticed a lag right away with a game I've played a lot with no problem before. I excluded WSA from protection in EAM. Anything else I should try?

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Get rid of EAM. J/K :) Seriously you already have WSA and sandboxie. You or should add something like a AE or policy restriction....VoodooShield or NVT...maybe even appguard.
    I've used both together before and EAM slowed things down a little. You can always change the file realtime to on-access.

3. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! I agree with kjdemuth...Eam does affect surfing...etc...probably due too Bitdefender Engine. After weeks of the usual swap this for that...I'm going to install Voodoo Shield...in concert with WSA...and AppGuard. Light but Lethal. Sincerely...Securon

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Yes, I agree with kjdemuth. You should try adding something like Appguard, VoodooShield, NVT, or Faronics AE to your setup. These are extremely effective in mitigating malware! They also have very little effect on system performance.

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I believe Securon is correct. It's probably due to Bitdefender's engine. The only other suggestion I could make is try EAM without WSA, and see which one you prefer the most. I myself am a fan of both of them, and it would be a tough call to make. I recently asked Emsisoft if EAM was still compatible with other AV's since they adopted the Bitdefender engine. I was informed that it was still designed to run with other Antivirus, but it is not recommended due to additional system resources required to run an additional AV.

I regularly communicate with Webroot, and Emsisoft. WSA can be a tricky one. I have learned so much about how WSA operates in the last few months. If you begin to see a major system performance hit then you should contact Webroot. You may just need to get some files whitelisted. The processes you see in your process management console within WSA are not all the processes WSA monitors. That list only shows Executables being monitored. Webroot also monitored several other file extensions that do not appear in the list. Webroot, and Emsisoft both have great support in my experience. You may need to contact Webroot support, and let them determine what the issue is

You can start a support ticket here. https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

I would also recommend you become a member of the forum if you have not already. http://community.webroot.com/t5/Community-Forums/ct-p/Forums

6. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! I've tried both obviously...and my own personal preference as of the moment is WSA...it is very compatible with my set-up...and with AppGuard and Voodoo Shield...amazingly light and responsive. Now I also have a license for EAM...and enjoy it's layout and various configuration and set-up parameters. That's the benefit of having licenses for various apps...based on the premise that at the moment nothing's perfect...I can always go into my app arsenal...to introduce a new wrinkle...in the ever changing war against malware...Lol! Sincerely...Securon

7. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Thanks guys for the good suggestions. You are right, there's some duplication having EAM along with WSA, having an AE would probably be a better use of resources. I've just installed a trial of VoodooShield. And I'll start reading at the WSA forums, wouldn't hurt to know more about what WSA can do.

edit: VS didn't work out, some sort of conflict with Sandboxied Chrome, but to tell the truth I feel pretty safe with just WebrootSA and Sandboxie.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Good going. WSA will protect your pc all by itself. The malware not detected by WSA at any moment will be tracked. When WSA database will include the malware, it'll be detected and removed along with all the changes made by the malware. You pc will be as good as when the malware was not there.:)

Sbie just makes your setup stronger. No need to use another powerhouse like EAM. You can use EAM in another pc since it's also very effective and powerful against malware. WSA & EAM are two of my favorites. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.