Webroot ignores loyal users !

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by CloneRanger, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Based on what i've read today in other threads in here, it "seems" that way :(

Many of us members here on Wilders, & numerous individuals elsewhere around the globe, for several years or more have used/supported/tested & many paid for Prevx.

Now we can only purchase a minimum 3 comp deal, which not everybody will want or need.

I think they should reconsider this decision, which would then satisfy more people, & keep more of those loyal previous users happier :)

Also if a free version appears soon, in some form, such as a replacement for the Free Facebook PSOL then deep joy all round :thumb:

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think jumping the gun and assuming anything is wrong. You really need to let this play out and give Webroot a chance to decide.

3. CloneRanger

@ trjam

I'm not "jumping the gun and assuming anything" It's Official, only a 3 user deal is available !

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

and you need to read this

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Perhaps this should be looked at as an "up to 3 PCs" deal. It might seem steep for one computer to some, but included in that price is the ability to use that same licence on 1 or even 2 other systems if so desired.

Not to detract from the debate here, but there are a few other companies doing the same thing, and I don't see many complaints about that. Maybe that is because they include the words "up to..." somewhere in their advertising.

I don't know if that'll sweeten the bitter taste some are feeling, but it is worth a thought.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The current product license mappings are not final and we are looking into a 1 user Complete/Essentials key as we speak. This is a brand new product set which doesnt exactly map onto what Webroot or Prevx have had in the past so please bear with us during this transition and try to not assume the worst :) Obviously our goal is not to isolate our users and we agree that not everyone is going to want to buy three PCs at once so I think you'll see changes in this area quite soon.

7. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Great to hear Joe! :thumb: I know you, at least, have always listened to, and respected/valued opinions here. I feel it's important that loyal Prevx customers don't at any stage get "abandoned". Thanks :)

8. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

@CloneRanger You Have a point and its understandable but give joe some time, I would not be suprised of a change.However IMO,I think it should have been considered before hand.

9. CloneRanger

@ PrevxHelp

Well that's good to hear :) Thanks for informing us :thumb:

I see you've now changed your Avatar at last ;) Sad to see the Prevx one go after all this time, but hey i guess that's progress.

By the way, i was NOT blaming you ;) I know it's the "Suits" :p

@ Dermot7 & djohn

:thumb:

10. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Only 1 PC...;)

11. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Pretty much all vendors offer 3 user license for the price they used to charge for a 1 user license. This is due to all the multi-pc homes.

The OP needs to realize that even if Webroot were to offer are 1 user license, it would not be cheaper than the 3user license. As someone else said, consider it an "up to 3 user" license.

12. pegr

pegr Registered Member

The OP does have a valid point. The equivalent protection to Prevx + SafeOnline is now only available in Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete, which costs twice the price of Prevx + SafeOnline for a single PC. Yes, if the user has two or three PCs, they are not losing, but for users with a only single PC, it's a lousy deal.

13. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I didn't realize Prevx could be had for $20.

14. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! Took Secure Anywhere for a test scan. It is quick and nimble no doubt...much like Prevx. But the Complete Suite at $79.95 and Essentials at $59.95 aren't really competively priced and I agree that there should be a one user license available. Just my opinion, but the basic antivirus at $39.95 offers best value and can be used as a layered alternative with a competitors product. Example, I'm currently using Prevx 3.0 with Safe On-Line and Norton I.S.2012...Both run harmoniously with one another. Sincerely...Securon

15. PrevxHelp

SafeOnline is included in the Essentials product as well - it just doesn't include the password management components.

16. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

First off congrats to the team, what has been achieved here is truely remarkable. I just hope the other vendors see protection does not need to mean 150MB installers with 800MB disc space and I/O activity that dwarves any other processes on your system.

Now back on topic. I'm afraid I agree with the OP. There is no way Webroot would charge $80 for a single user licence so you are paying for additional (and for some) unwanted licences. The fact that they say they are considering a single licence set-up shows it is not the case of 'same price for one as three' IMO.

I personally hope they do, as suggested, re-visit this. I really like the product but there is no way I'm paying $80 bucks for it. I might though consider a cheaper single user deal.

Even from a commercial standpoint I think a significant percentage of users will be Prevx3/SOL customers many of whom will still see this as additional/complimentary layer not their primary security product so will want the price to reflect that.

Anyway, best wishes for the success of WSA guys, it's a brilliant little product.

Cheers

17. PrevxHelp

I agree and I've passed these comments onto the marketing/sales teams. Don't worry - we are definitely taking notice of everything here and the overwhelming opinion here is going to result in change.

18. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Nice to hear that. Thanks. Here's hoping!

19. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Not according to the website, it isn't. The website says that the following Identity Protection features are only available in the Complete product: -

Encrypts usernames, passwords, and credit card numbers
    Logs you into trusted sites and securely fills in online forms
    Creates hacker-proof passwords
    Provides advanced protection for online shopping and banking

Surely the last point - providing advanced protection for online shopping and banking - was what SafeOnline was all about.

http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-compare.html

20. PrevxHelp

I'll speak to our marketing team as this is not correct - This is the screen which shows for the Essentials product:

I.png

21. pegr

pegr Registered Member

That screen is for the beta, which had all the features. I can't believe that any of the versions released to production have the word "BETA" displayed in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

EDIT: I've downloaded a trial version of Essentials and can confirm that the screen does look exactly as displayed above (with the exception of the word "BETA" which is not displayed in the production version). I agree the website needs correcting as it's understating the feature set of the Essentials product. As far as I could see, the only feature in the Complete product that is not present in Essentials is the additional Password Management tab in the Identity & Privacy section.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  22. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

The release looks the same to me.. :)

Attached Files:

23. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Yes it does to me too. I was just in the process of editing my post when you posted. :)

24. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

I find the versions a bit confusing as well with regards to what they actually contain so.... :)

I think Webroot will shoot themselves in the foot if they don't give existing Prevx 3.0 the Essentials version as a minimum for the remainder of their Prevx license. Heck if i was the marketing guru at Webroot i would give them the complete version, chances are a high procentage would stay on that when they renew and mean more money for Webroot.

What i find slightly annoying is that us "old" users who have payed already cannot use the released version until a couple of months down the road after release? o_O I will probably reinstall the beta because the renewal remainder is most annoying i've seen so far and going back to 3.0 isn't an option by now. The 3 user license option is great though IMO. :)

25. PrevxHelp

I agree on all of these points and have raised the same with project management :thumb:

Also regarding the "BETA" word - sorry for the confusion :D I use the beta here myself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.