Webroot Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by whitedragon551, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Is it any good? What kind of resources does it consume? How much protection does it offer? Webroot has free licences for it so I figured Id give it a try. Currently I use Comodo with KAV.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ive heard it consumes a lot of memory, this may have been from a memory leak that may or may not have been fixed yet, but lately webroot has been pretty lazy and unimpressive with their software, so i suggest u dont use it, ther are better choices out there for free as well.

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I suppose I can look at change logs and see if its been fixed. I figured since it was a free licence it wouldnt hurt to check it out.

4. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

There is a MS hotfix available that wil fix the memory leak, If you run Vista SP2, it isn't required.

5. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I just uninstalled webroot desktop firewall from my mom's xp x86 pc. It was slowing down startup, which was the main reason I got rid of it. It uses quite a bit of memory although that wasn't really an issue because she has plenty of ram on her pc. It flashes a splash screen at startup that I couldn't figure out how to disable. It's Privacyware's private firewall with webroot's logo. I thought the protection was just fine though. I replaced it with comodo without the antivirus and defense +, and it is very lite running the pure firewall. I dont need hips, and she wouldn't know what to do with hips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.