Webroot & Bullguard 2013

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by darts, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darts

darts Registered Member

How does Webroot works together with Bullguard 2013??

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

I dun think I've seen any WSA + BG users. But since WSA has a free trial that is fully functional, and of any level of the product, you can always find out for free if nobody already knows. :)

3. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

In another Wilders thread, I read that someone was running BullGuard ISS and WSA concurrently. However, I did a quick search and didn't find the thread in question. If I come across it, I will post the link in this thread. :)

I can say, however, that several months ago I was unable to run Bitdefender Total Security in conjunction with WSA. After installing BD with WSA already installed, Windows 7 would never start. :thumbd:

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It might be worth trying again as we've improved compatibility in the recent builds. I'm not familiar enough with BitDefender's product but you may want to see if you can add an exclusion for WSA into BitDefender's interface.

5. woomera

woomera Registered Member

too major brand AV's as we all know are not supposed to be running alongside each other, However WSA is super light so memory/cpu wise u should be fine but the only way to know if they r fully compatible im afraid u have to test it yourself.
    make an image from your windows driver and give it a go.

good luck

6. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

WSA is very explicitly written to try to be compatible with everything, and even when the other companies break that, The Joe works to fix it again. XD

7. PrevxHelp

I've never felt so much like a mob boss :D

8. claudiu

claudiu Guest

BitDefender engine(s) is used in over 30% of today's antiviruses (F-Secure,Bullguard,Qihoo 360,EmsiSoftware, to name just a few)

How can WSA be very explicitly written to try to be compatible with everything and at the same time "I'm not familiar enough with BitDefender's product " o_O??

Just a question, don't kill the messenger....

Claudiu

9. guest

guest Guest

Good question! ;) - But maybe Joe isn't alone in development? :D - Prevx (that was the name bevor SecureAnywhere) was already developed that way. You could run that as 2nd opinion scanner (not on demand, but permanently on access), that was a unique selling point and the reason why I did use it - as 2nd opinion. Back then I would not have trusted it running as primary AV. Now I do.

Bitdefender. - I read all those great reviews and tested it. Lasted 10 - 15 minutes and then I uninstalled that much to dark (black, I couldn't see or find anything on that gamers (?) GUI!) ressource hog that wasn't so easy to understand on first view as I had hoped. I just didn't like it. Maybe it is the best solution, but I would never run that thing. And I don't need to. The reason is: I am using for many, many years AV-programs and I tell you I do not get infected. It's just for precaution. So I want something that is light. WRSA is the thing. :cool:

10. PrevxHelp

Because it is written to be compatible with all of them generically - there's no code saying "if BitDefender then" or "if Symantec then", etc. I don't personally have to run each of them for every release; our quality assurance team validates compatibility.

11. malinois 165

malinois 165 Registered Member

Currently running both at the same time, no issues whatsoever.

Bullguard Internet security 2013 and Webroot 2013.

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

ROFLMAO....you crack me up Joe...:argh::thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.