Webroot blocking pop-ups/dark screen?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by tookerjeff, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

Hi all :)

I recently posted this observation in the other anti-malware section but thought I should post it here too if that's ok:

"I have been trialing the new Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus and must say I am impressed so far with it's ease of use and various configurations, etc.

One thing I have noticed though, is at times when there is a pop up/ad alert, the pop up will turn into a dark window or the whole pc screen will turn dark until the pop up is closed. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, when I just try and close the pop up from the thumbnailed webpages at the bottom and not by other means, I seem to have to scroll with the mouse very quickly over them just to get to the offending window or else they will close again, if that makes sense! (Seems they quicky do this about 3-4 times and then I finally have enough time to close the thumbnail webpage)

This will also cause a download to be interrupted at times too.

Anyway, just something I noticed--not sure if it's just Webroot trying to block but acting kind of buggy or what...."

-Tookerjeff

p.s. A reviewer mentioned something similar about this:
    http://download.cnet.com/Webroot-Se..._4-12199534.html?messageID=10814655&tag=uo;uo

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with Internet Explorer 9

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

A scan log would help show exactly what was being blocked - it's possible that the warning dialog isn't showing correctly in some cases. Downloads could be interrupted if they're seen to come from the same browser engine thread as the blocked website (to prevent an infection from downloading, for example) but let me know if you're seeing anything different so that we can take a look.

Thanks for the report :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.