WebIQmeter

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by datarishik, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datarishik

datarishik Registered Member

Has anyone looked into these tests from Dr. Web?

It's a nice and simple (or rather elementary) set of tests designed to test awareness of social engineering and vulnerability exploits. Here is the link: https://www.drweb.com/web-iq/

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

To easy, I got 5 for 5 correct.

3. datarishik

datarishik Registered Member

As expected, those questions would be quite obvious to members here, but, nonetheless, they are noteworthy. :)

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Indeed they are.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  5. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I was tripped up by Winlocker in regards to how it blocks the system and payment method (I've not come across this malware yet). In the social section, one question bothered me. In regards to an unknown person asking to be your friend and sending you a link, my first choice was to ignore it. According to Dr. Web, that's incorrect? Also denying the request is incorrect (which makes some sense in case any buttons on the page are actually "triggers", like the "Leave this page" tricks on the web. I can't see how ignoring it completely can be "wrong". Ignoring it doesn't infect you and it doesn't flag you as "active".

I didn't finish the entire group of tests as that site is crawling along and frequently came up with Russian error pages. Heck, if I hadn't known some of the language, the error itself would have scared me into thinking the page was infected :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.