webcam messes up my internet connection

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by daefrageu, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daefrageu

daefrageu Registered Member

I just purchased a logitech quickcam express webcam, now when I connect it to my winXP pro OS computer and go on-line, I couldn't browse in IE,can't use yahoo mesgr, everything! As if I'm not connected to the internet at all! I get to run things normally again by doing a system restore.

But what stranger was, I replaced it with a new one, a Vgear webcam and same problem happened. I already tried to disable all running firewalls, antivirus, background running programs to no avail. My computer just won't accept webcams? Gee, that's freaky. Now, I also returned the Vgear webcam and I wanna solve this problem first before I purchase another one again. Pls help me? Thanks very much for takin time to my problem..

my system specs are:
    OS=WinXP PRO
    Athlon XP1800+ w/ fan
    Seagate 40GB 7200RPM HDD Barracuda
    256DDR PC266 memory
    DLink internal modem
    ECS K7S6A SIS745 SKT A DDR ATX AGP S motherboard
    Palit Daytona GF2 MX400 64mb 64-bit videocard

2. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

The issue would not be with the Webcam software. ( I would take a look at Firewalls and anti-virs first to see if that would not be causing inteference with the cam )

3. daefrageu

daefrageu Registered Member

ok i checked my system IRQs, is it ok there's IRQ 19 sharing on my SiS 7001 PCI to USB Host Controller and modem? Or is this what's causing my webcam problem? If so, is there way to go around this?

4. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Possible is there sharing the same IRQ, this might conflict

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.