Web was blocked

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by macrojd, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrojd

macrojd Registered Member

hi guys. some people visiting my websites are getting this message:

"Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content."

I have several websites in the same VPS (virtual private server). Right now the one blocked is themile.info, but the same problem was reported for other websites in the server long time ago.

I had an intrusion 6 months ago. Some one put an .exe file in the public_html directory of those websites. But I erase all the files immediately. Now I'm checking the websites and the files and there is nothing wrong. They shouldn't be considered a menace.

What can I do? I can't find any link to report this kind of things to ESET. And I'm not an ESET user.

Thanks
    JD

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. macrojd

macrojd Registered Member

Again! When are you going to fix these politics about false positives?

A few months ago one of my websites was blocked because of a malware that the website had and was erased 6 months before. So the website was cleaned and you blocked it with no real reason. And today, my entire server was blocked. More than 500 websites are now a menace to my clients, without ANY single malware inside. No malware, no spammer hacking my server. I couldn't find ANYTHING that could harm any computer, but my clients can't access their websites.

PLEASE! change your rules about this issues, you CAN'T blocked a website that has NOTHING that can harm users computers. You have to block REAL malware, not just a "possibility"

I just sent an email, I hope this will be solved soon, like the last time.

Thanks
    JD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you contact ESET's virus lab like Cudni suggested they will be able to tell you why the web site was blocked.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There must have been a reason for blocking your domain, probably your server got compromised again. Unfortunately I can't check it out as you didn't mention what website is blocked so report it to ESET for perusal as suggested above.

Update: the domain doesn't seem to be blocked at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.