"Web Shield: Not Active" ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by EditorSEM, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EditorSEM

EditorSEM Registered Member

So I got this alert yesterday...big red exclamation point in the system tray and when I open AVG, it says that Web Shield is not active. Here's the thing--when I open that component, Enable Web Shield is checked! So if it's checked, why isn't it active? And how do I reactivate it? o_O Thanks!

2. EditorSEM

EditorSEM Registered Member

Aaaaand...nevermind. Rebooted because my system was getting laggy, and it's active again as it should be.

Although as soon as I logged back on, I got one of those Microsoft error report generated things on avgnsx.exe..."encountered a problem and needed to close". Oy.

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Additionally, take a look at this topic (if you're patient enough to read it :D). It may help.

4. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I had exactly the same experience as EditorSEM yesterday (March 31, 200:cool:.

I had the same warning and the full protection was only restored after I had run CHKDSK. I run CHKDSK at least weekly and after installing or removing new software, so the problem may be with AVG Internet Security 8.0.

5. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I had exactly the same experience as EditorSEM yesterday March 31, 2008.

I had the same warning and the full protection was only restored after I had run CHKDSK. I run CHKDSK at least weekly and after installing or removing new software, so the problem may be with AVG Internet Security 8.0.