Web mail scanning

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by The Saintlygent, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Saintlygent

The Saintlygent Registered Member

Can any one tell me if the AVG free edition can scan e mail from web sites like yahoo. Hotmail and gmail also how good is the protection for IM.
    If can someone tell me how to set it up.
    Cheers
    The Saint

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

AVG cannot scan web mail. but if u download any attachment, it will scan them once theyre on disk.

3. The Saintlygent

Fuser,
    Thanks for the information... How about Bit defender? Do you know of anyother AV software that scans web mails. Preferably free versions that i can down load

cheers
    The saintlygent

4. WSFuser

antivirus cannot scan webmail like it would normal mail, but they will scan any attachment u download to disk. if it has an http scanner then the attachment can be scanned as it downloads.

5. The Saintlygent

thanks,

Which means that any of the web mails i recive can be dangeorous.? So the files can only be downloaded and then scanned?

The Saintlygent

6. WSFuser

of course! its the internet.

just dont open email/attachments from people you dont know and you will be fine.
    correct, but some web mail (like yahoo) will scan attachments before you download them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.