Web Browser defaults

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by siljaline, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Windows XP Pro SP3 Fully Patched | Dell OEM | EAV 4.2.4 |

I noted when reverting Browsers to default they were deseleted, or, turned-off, meaning Browser protection would have, in effect, been fully disabled.

Screenshots to illustrate - feedback would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please explain what's the problem? Deselecting browsers does not have any effect unless http traffic is provided on different than default ports or you've changed the default setting for redirecting http traffic which done for ports and applications selected as browsers by default.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  3. siljaline

Yes, absolutely, apologies if I was not clear in my original post.

The first screenshot illustrates Browser defaults, chosen by me which would be the two Browsers that I primarly use, those being IE and Firefox and the rare occasion, Windows Live Messenger.

The second screenshot illustates when reverted to default, meaning, if a user choses default, Browser protection is effectively removed.

4. siljaline

I did not see you edit as my Internet connection is bad due to local weather issues - I do not quite understand your explanation, it clearly indicates to increase protection, select Internet Browsers, which, I would assume everyone does. All EAV installations I do, I select this option. If I should not, this would be a learning experience.

From the on-board Help File

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.